Trane Inc opens global design centre in ChennaiMay 7th, 2008 - 6:04 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, May 7 (IANS) The US-based heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) firm Trane Inc launched its global design centre here to support the company’s Indian market as well as its global research and development (R&D) wing, said a top official. The Chennai centre will also have validation and verification capabilities.
Located in Ascendas IT Park, the centre will initially focus on controls embedded and application software, Trane’s global engineering and technology vice-president Prakash Bedapudi told reporters here Wednesday.
The Chennai centre is expected to exchange knowledge, expertise and best practices with Trane’s design centres in other parts of the world.
The centre will have a total capacity to seat 200 engineers and the company is in the process of staffing it.
“Being located in a region with a large supply of engineering talent, the centre can help accelerate new feature additions to existing products and reduce the time needed for new product introductions. In addition, it can help the company rapidly adapt its products to the demands of the dynamic and fast growing emerging markets,” Bedapudi added.
- Silicon Image opens R&D; centre in Hyderabad - Feb 18, 2012
- Dell to spend more on enterprise solutions this year - Jul 25, 2012
- Caterpillar to expand Indian operations investing $212 million - Dec 01, 2011
- Ingersoll Rand launches China-made air-conditioners - Aug 14, 2012
- 3M unveils Rs.100 crore research centre in Bangalore - Sep 23, 2011
- GE Healthcare to invest $50 mn in India on new products - Mar 17, 2011
- French firm Altran bets on india for growth - Jul 12, 2012
- India to play major role in Dell's networking plans - Sep 13, 2011
- Staffing companies value add services for higher rating - Jan 16, 2011
- IT product firm Ittiam posts $20 million revenue - Mar 21, 2012
- Electrolux licences Morf India to market Kelvinator purifiers - Jun 04, 2012
- Eaton in talks with car makers for its superchargers - Sep 06, 2011
- Force10 to expand India development centre - Feb 05, 2011
- Bombardier inaugurates engineering centre in Bangalore - Apr 17, 2012
- Sharda Motors looks for equity investor - Feb 11, 2012