Top secret: Women love technology geekAugust 25th, 2010 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 25 (IANS) Stop imitating Hollywood hunks! Just play with gadgets, if you want to impress your dream girl.
Actors like Brad Pitt or George Clooney may be their hot favourites but what women really want in their partner is a dorky geek who knows how to fix things, according to a new study.
The survey conducted on 3,000 women found almost three quarters said they were more attracted to men who understand gadgets and Âtechnology than blokes who spend hours keeping himself fit, Daily Express reported.
While nine out of 10 revealed they find men who spend their spare time down at the gym a total turn-off, only one in three said they would go for a muscley bloke who took pride in his appearance.
“These results will be a severe blow for the millions of men who work-out in a bid to appear more attractive to the opposite sex,” said a spokesman for 24/7 technology support service Geek Squad, which carried out the research.
“Women might lust over hunky celebrities such as Pitt and Clooney - but when it comes to being in a relationship, they would rather be with someone who can give them practical help. It seems that women value a man who can give them support in practical ways, as well as emotionally, especially when it comes to technology and gadgets,” the spokesman said.
Almost half the women polled want a man around the house who can help sort out the TV, stereo, and computer. More than half said that having a chap who knows how to fix things makes them feel cared for.
It seems they dream of finding a Prince of ÂDorkness. Sometimes not being good with gadgets can spell the end of a beautiful romance.
Researchers also found that the one chore women really want their men to take care of is sorting out their gadgets.
- Brit women love geeks who knows how to fix things - Aug 25, 2010
- David Archuleta Says He is Embracing His Inner Dork - Oct 06, 2010
- Women judge Mr Right by his shopping basket - Aug 12, 2010
- 'Hunks' Hugh Jackman, Brad Pitt top women's wish-list - Sep 12, 2010
- I consider myself geek's fantasy: Priyanka - Jun 04, 2012
- Brad Pitt tops 'Men Who Men Love' poll - Jul 30, 2010
- Cockney accents make cheating posh women weak at the knees - Aug 24, 2010
- Women prefer men with hairy chests, beer belly to metrosexuals - Aug 05, 2009
- We spend 4 hours on Christmas understanding gadget instructions - Dec 20, 2010
- Jumbo jacket with multiple pockets to keep you sorted on holiday - Jul 08, 2010
- Rich men are a turn-off: Nicki Minaj - Oct 22, 2011
- Alpha-male movie star becoming extinct in Hollywood: Experts - Sep 04, 2010
- Women prefer macho men, says study - Aug 01, 2010
- Clooney praises Pitt - Feb 17, 2012
- Hugh Hefner gives up wild lifestyle? - Aug 16, 2010
Tags: actors, appearance, beautiful romance, bloke, blokes, brad pitt, chap, dream girl, favourites, gadgets, geek squad, george clooney, hunky celebrities, pride, research women, secret women, spare time, spokesman, technology support service, three quarters