Toonz celebrates World Animation DayOctober 28th, 2008 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Oct 28 (IANS) Toonz Animation, the training division of the city-based Toonz Animation India Pvt Ltd, Tuesday celebrated the seventh International Animation Day (IAD) with the children of Trivandrum International School here.Toonz Animation director (special projects) Prosenjith Ganguly led a two-hour interactive workshop with the children, aimed at familiarising them with the world of animation.
“Animation is more of fun and therefore when you teach animation, you need to bank on the fun element,” Ganguly said.
Founded in 1999, Toonz’s client list includes the biggest names in media and entertainment sector like Marvel, Hallmark, Paramount, Disney, BBC and Cartoon Network.
Toonz Animation offers its world-wide clientele end-to-end animation services, including 3D animation, 2D animation (digital and traditional), Flash, Stop Motion and VFX on a full spectrum of media platforms.
“It is important that today’s younger generation gets a feel of what animation can offer. It’s both educative and entertaining to find out how their favourite cartoon characters are brought to life,” Toonz Animation chief executive P. Jayakumar said.
International Animation Day is being celebrated Oct 28, commemorating the first public performance of animation by French inventor Emile Reynaud at the Grevin Museum in Paris, in 1892, using his invention ‘theatre optique’.
Toonz is currently co-producing a 3D animated TV series for BBC, called “Freefonix”, which has already received wide acclaim in Britain.
The works that are in the pipeline include a 3D feature film “The life and adventures of Santa Claus” slated to be released during 2010 Christmas and it is also working on a 2D series “Brave” for Cartoon Network, Europe, and “Tales of Lord Siva” for the Indian audience.
- Toonz celebrates double win at FICCI awards - Mar 28, 2011
- Toonz starts Canadian operations - Nov 23, 2010
- Toonz ties up with Ireland firm - Jun 18, 2009
- Toonz, Argentine firm to co-produce animated feature film - May 20, 2009
- Amitabh Bachchan, Priyardarshan join hands with Toonz - Oct 30, 2009
- Toonz to give life to Chandamama story - Oct 30, 2008
- Toonz teams up with US firms to produce film on Santa Claus - Nov 12, 2008
- First Indo-Latin American animation film tops in Argentina - Sep 17, 2010
- Universal Studio acquires distribution rights of 'Mostly Ghostly' - May 28, 2008
- Kerala firm to co-produce animated TV series - Apr 01, 2009
- As VFX fights for foothold, in steps Bollywood Badshah - Jun 06, 2011
- CMC to offer Toonz courses in animation, multimedia - May 11, 2010
- Bollywood takes India-Latin America ties to new high - Feb 01, 2011
- 'Tintin' earns Rs.7.35 crore, highest Spielberg grosser in India - Nov 14, 2011
- Toonz Animation sets up merchandising division - Oct 29, 2010