Telecom policy may be announced in May: SibalApril 10th, 2012 - 3:56 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 10 (IANS) The government will roll out its IT and electronics manufacturing policy soon and hopes to announce the telecom policy in May, Communications Minister Kapil Sibal said Tuesday.
“The IT and the electronics manufacturing policy will be announced formally this month. Hopefully the telecom policy will be announced in May,” Sibal told the media at the launch of broadband wireless access (BWA) services based on 4G technology here.
“The road map for the next 10-15 years will be clear as far as the government is concerned. Then it is for the private players to carry it forward,” he said.
–Indo-Asian News service
- Sibal launches 4G, admits 3G has 'not successful' (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Airtel launches 4G services in Kolkata, first in India - Apr 10, 2012
- Sibal to launch Bharti Airtel's 4G services Tuesday - Apr 09, 2012
- Qualcomm to get BWA spectrum shortly: DoT - Apr 19, 2012
- Discussions on for round 2 of bandwidth auction - Sep 30, 2011
- Sibal endorses new telecom, IT policies - Oct 20, 2011
- Bharti Airtel to launch 4G services in Kolkata - Apr 03, 2012
- Free roaming, high broadband speeds in new telecom policy - Oct 10, 2011
- New telecom policy to be unveiled in January - Nov 04, 2011
- Sibal stresses on urgent need for finalization of national broadband plan - Jan 19, 2011
- Huawei to manage Bharti Airtel's 4G network in Karnataka - May 01, 2012
- 4G, 3G to grow parallelly in India: Ericsson - Sep 01, 2011
- Telecom honchos meet key ministers against TRAI's proposals (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Salient features of Indian telecom sector - Feb 02, 2012
- TRAI issues draft guidelines on mobile data services - Jul 11, 2012