Technopark bags national award for best technology incubatorMay 13th, 2008 - 7:55 pm ICT by admin
Thiruvananthapuram, May 13 (IANS) The Technology Business Incubator (TBI) at Technopark here has bagged the prestigious national award for the best technology business incubator in the country for 2007. Technopark Tuesday said the award, instituted by the department of science and technology of the central government, was for encouraging and recognising the business incubation activity, which plays a key role in promoting the entrepreneurial culture in the country.
Former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam presented the award at a ceremony held in New Delhi Sunday last as part of the Technology Day 2008 celebrations.
Technology business incubation aims to identify potential entrepreneurs with innovative ideas and nurture them through different phases of growth until the business takes off to a maturity level where it becomes a financially sustainable venture.
“Technopark, through the technology business incubation initiatives, is creating an ecosystem and a fertile ground that promotes the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship. We have incubated more than 70 start up technology companies in our incubation facilities in the past four years with a success rate of over 90 percent,” said Technopark CEO Radhakrishnan Nair.
- Technopark TBI empanelled as partner by TISS - Jan 17, 2012
- ISBA secretariat at Technopark-TBI - Sep 11, 2012
- Technopark TBI to get seed funding from union ministry - Jan 31, 2011
- Kerala gets first product testing and certification centre - Aug 20, 2012
- India's first telecom business incubator in Kerala - Oct 27, 2011
- Three Kerala IT firms win Nasscom honours - Oct 10, 2011
- Kerala: Industry majors to support IT product start-ups village - Jul 23, 2012
- Smart solar inverter launched in Kerala - Aug 25, 2012
- India's first Startup Village at Kochi - Jan 18, 2012
- JGI Ventures to groom entrepreneurs with Rs.500 crore fund - Apr 06, 2011
- Japan's Ylem Infotech starts Indian operations - May 31, 2011
- Kochi-based firm launches intelligent water control system - May 03, 2011
- Expanding circle of influence: Importance of mentoring in the business world (Comment) - Aug 12, 2012
- Microwave oven-Maid launched - Jun 25, 2012
- BlackBerry makers to set up innovation zone in Kochi - May 30, 2012
Tags: abdul kalam, best technology, business incubation, central government, department of science and technology, fertile ground, former president, incubation facilities, innovation and entrepreneurship, innovative ideas, key role, maturity level, nair, prestigious national award, radhakrishnan, tbi, technology business incubator, technology day, technology incubator, thiruvananthapuram