TCS unveils cloud-computing solution in KarnatakaMarch 12th, 2011 - 12:07 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore, March 11 (IANS) Global software major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Friday unveiled cloud-based computing solution iON for small and medium businesses (SMBs) in Karnataka.
Covering the entire spectrum of business process for SMBs, the integrated solution will be available on pay-per-use basis, which eliminates capital investment in IT or hiring talent for operating the systems.
“iON provides on-demand business solutions using the scalable cloud computing technology. Using a pay-per-use business model, the software product helps SMBs leverage technology solutions as a key business differentiator,” TCS global head V. Ramaswamy told reporters here during a product demo.
As a one-stop solution, iON enables SMBs to meet their needs spanning human resources, finance, inventory, domain-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) and basic applications such as e-mail, document management and website services.
“iON will enhance India’s global competitiveness by giving 35 million Indian SMBs access to simple-to-use and scalable technology tools. SMBs can use the product to build their business advantage and compete on the global stage,” Ramaswamy said.
To provide SMBs with seamless service, iON has created an eco-system of 90 cloud service partners across the country. Its industry solutions are available for manufacturing, textiles education, retail, quick service restaurants, wellness and professional services.
Karnataka has 500,000 SMBs, employing about four million people. Besides Bangalore, other SMB hubs are located in Mysore, Hubli-Dharwad, Mangalore, Bijapur, Belgaum and Hassan.
- TCS arm targets $1 bn revenue by 2015 - Aug 19, 2011
- TCS launches IT solution for SMBs in Rajasthan - May 06, 2011
- TCS launches cloud-computing solution for SMBs - Mar 15, 2011
- TCS eyeing $1 bn from small Indian establishments - May 18, 2011
- World chess champ Anand launches Ramco OnDemand ERP 2.0 in Delhi - Sep 09, 2010
- Wipro joins Google's cloud platform - Aug 27, 2012
- TCS sees robust demand for IT outsourcing in new fiscal - Mar 07, 2011
- Ramco Systems launches enterprise software - Jun 15, 2011
- Wipro unveils cloud solution for HR processes - Jan 23, 2012
- Public cloud computing to touch Rs.2,434 crore by 2014 - Jun 07, 2011
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- Grooveshark Picks Juniper Networks To Serve Users Better - Jun 27, 2010
- Sonata Software forms joint venture in Qatar - Dec 21, 2011
- Sonata to set up offshore centre for US firm - Jul 31, 2012
- Essar unleashes cloud power with Windows Azure - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: belgaum, bijapur, computing solution, demand business, e mail, enterprise resource planning, global competitiveness, global head, global stage, hubli, leverage technology, mail document, pay per use, product demo, ramaswamy, seamless service, service restaurants, services ion, tata consultancy services, tata consultancy services tcs