TCS shares surge 12 percent on robust earningsApril 24th, 2012 - 4:40 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 24 (IANS) The shares of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Tuesday surged more than 12 percent in the afternoon trade following a better than expected quarterly earning Monday.
At the Bombay Stock Exchange, the shares of the company were trading 12.52 percent up at Rs.1,191.85 in the afternoon session.
The IT bellwether has reported a consolidated net profit of Rs.2,894.93 crore for the quarter ended March 2012, against Rs.2,622.93 crore during the like period of the previous financial year.
Total income stood at Rs.13,357.95 crore during the quarter under review against Rs.10,401 crore during the like period of 2010-11.
TCS became the first Indian IT company to cross the ten billion dollar milestone, posting annual revenues of $10.17 billion, and reported a currency revenue growth of 2.3 percent quarter on quarter.
Looking ahead to financial year 2012, N. Chandrasekaran, TCS chief executive officer and managing director, said that the company was well prepared to achieve balanced growth across the industries and markets it operates in, given its holistic portfolio of services which are now achieving significant scale across markets.
The firm also said it was raising wages for workers in India by 8 percent.
- TCS shares surge 12 percent on robust earnings - Apr 24, 2012
- TCS profit jumps 37.4 percent in April-June quarter - Jul 12, 2012
- TCS quarterly net profit rises 31.1 percent - Apr 21, 2011
- TCS net zooms 30 percent on volume growth (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- TCS sees robust demand for IT outsourcing in new fiscal - Mar 07, 2011
- TCS quarterly net profit rises 18.2 percent - Jan 17, 2012
- 'Quake, conflict fallout will impact IT sector' - Mar 29, 2011
- TCS quarterly net profit rises six percent - Oct 17, 2011
- Wipro net up for quarter, fiscal; sees flat IT growth (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Bank of India quarterly net profit rises 93 percent - Apr 30, 2012
- Bharti Airtel quarterly net income down 28 percent (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Bharti Airtel quarterly net income declines 28 percent - May 02, 2012
- Biocon quarterly net profit declines 29 percent - Apr 27, 2012
- Granules India's revenues rise 37 percent - Apr 24, 2012
Tags: afternoon session, afternoon trade, april 24, bellwether, bombay stock exchange, chief executive officer, crore, currency, earnings, India, managing director, milestone, net profit, quarter ended march, rs 1, rs 2, tata consultancy services, tata consultancy services tcs, wages, year 2012