Tata Consultancy signs pact with EricssonSeptember 17th, 2008 - 6:21 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 17 (IANS) Software and business solution provider Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has signed a five-year global contract with telecom giant Ericsson, it announced Wednesday. According to a statement issued by the company, TCS will deliver application maintenance and development services for Ericsson’s internal IT operations.
“Nordic companies are increasingly looking to service providers like TCS to create a compelling value and deliver consulting, IT services and product engineering through a single global service standard,” TCS Nordic region director Amit Bajaj said.
TCS will be one among the two strategic partners responsible for delivering application maintenance services to Ericsson. It will also be a preferred supplier for application development services.
Market research and analysis major IDC managing director Nils Molin said: “This contract signifies the trend of increased acceptance of Indian headquartered IT companies delivering complex projects in the Nordic region.”
Molin expected Nordic companies to continue to add deliveries from offshore and nearshore centres to their sourcing strategies for IT services.
- TCS, Mitsubishi form joint venture firm - Feb 08, 2012
- Bharti Airtel inks managed services deal with Ericsson - Jul 21, 2011
- Eurozone crisis an opportunity for Indian IT: Expert - Feb 13, 2012
- TCS bags contract from Deutsche Bank - Sep 19, 2011
- Keste to expand India operations with $2.5 mn investment - Jul 12, 2012
- TCS subsidiary bags $2.2 billion contract - Nov 09, 2011
- TCS arm targets $1 bn revenue by 2015 - Aug 19, 2011
- China to become biggest IT consumer in Asia-Pacific - May 19, 2012
- HCL bags deal from Norway-based Statoil - Feb 13, 2012
- Tata Consultancy Services net up 24.3 percent - Jul 15, 2010
- TCS expands US presence, opens new facility in California - Jan 31, 2012
- Bharti Airtel expands service agreement with Ericsson - Nov 28, 2011
- Cognizant Technology buys French IT company - Jun 17, 2010
- Wipro ranked as leader among testing services providers - Sep 22, 2010
- Wipro secures major IT services contract with Electricity North West Limited - Oct 30, 2010
Tags: application development services, application maintenance, business solution provider, global contract, nordic companies, preferred supplier, region director, tata consultancy services, tata consultancy services tcs, telecom giant