Tata Communications, Oman’s Nawras launch undersea cable networkNovember 15th, 2011 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 15 (IANS) Tata Communications, which runs one of the largest telecom cable networks in the world, and Oman-based Nawras Tuesday announced the launch of the Oman-to-India undersea cable network system.
“The undersea cable will be used to instantaneously route voice and data traffic from Oman to Mumbai and onwards to the rest of the world via Tata Global network,” Tata Communications said in a regulatory filing.
The cable link offers enormous capacity for broadband and high quality voice services, enabling Nawras to meet the growing demand for international voice and data services from its customers, be it in the form of calls or internet surfing.
“The Middle East is fast establishing itself as an emerging market hotspot for business which brings with it the need for solid infrastructure and associated enterprise services that require high speed bandwidth,” said Radwan Moussalli, managing director, Middle East and North Africa, Tata Communications.
“This launch is yet another step in our overall strategy to participate and assist in the rapid development of this key region,” he added.
The development forms part of the TGN-Gulf cable project, which will connect the Gulf region to the rest of the world via the Tata Global Network (TGN), providing reliable high-speed bandwidth to all the key cities in the world.
- Sify unveils undersea cable landing station in Mumbai - Jan 11, 2012
- Submarine cable fault affects Internet services in east Africa - Feb 28, 2012
- Tata Communications eyeing British C&W; Worldwide - Mar 01, 2012
- Reliance unit launches subsea cable service in Iraq - Jul 02, 2012
- Tata Communications breaks into Nigerian market - Jul 27, 2012
- Iraq to connect to India, Gulf on fibre optic network - Jan 07, 2010
- Reliance Globalcom bags over $100 mn managed services contracts - Sep 30, 2010
- Thirteen business leaders conferred with ABLF awards - Oct 04, 2011
- Undersea fiber-optic cable reaches Cuba - Feb 10, 2011
- Tata Communications completes 6,700 km cable system with Tyco - Aug 18, 2009
- Geojit to lure Arab investors to Indian bourses - Jun 21, 2012
- Sify Technologies to provide submarine cable landing station - May 23, 2010
- Iran to export natural gas to India, Oman - Sep 25, 2011
- Egyptian govt. exploited national infrastructure to cripple Internet: Experts - Feb 16, 2011
- Europe-India Gateway telecom system on verge of operation - Feb 23, 2011
Tags: cable link, cable networks, data traffic, emerging market, enormous capacity, global network, international voice, internet surfing, launch, north africa, overall strategy, quality voice, rapid development, reliable high speed, route voice, speed bandwidth, telecom cable, tgn, undersea cable network, voice services