Taiwanese computer firm to launch low cost tablets in IndiaAugust 4th, 2011 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 4 (IANS) Taiwanese computer firm MSI said it would launch low cost tablets starting Rs.13,999 in the Indian market from Friday.
The tablet series - Enjoy - will include two variants — a 10-inch Enjoy 10 for Rs.13,999 and 7-inch Enjoy 7 for Rs.14,999.
Speaking on the company’s low cost strategy, MSI India general manager Eric Kuo told IANS: “Our products do not have some prominent features such as 3G and GPS because we do not see enough market for the same in a country like India currently which reduces the cost of the products to a great extent.”
“‘Enjoy’ series has been designed keeping the ultimate end-user in mind, it offers productivity while on the go and provides more ways to have fun and connect with friends,” he added.
The android tablets are equipped with dual 2 mega pixel cameras, 4 GB internal storage space micro-SD card slot (max 32 GB) and has a battery life of 5 hours.
In the burgeoning tablet market in India, MSI will have to compete with established brands such as Motorola, HTC, Apple, RIM and Samsung.
- Motorola XOOM tablet launched in India - Jun 28, 2011
- iberry to launch low cost 3G tablet in July - Jun 27, 2012
- Applications key as tablets flood Indian market - Aug 25, 2011
- HTC brings its tablet, HTC Flyer to India (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- Indian handsets market reports 5 percent drop in revenues - Jul 09, 2012
- A look at three low-cost tablets (To go with tablet market story) - Aug 12, 2012
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to go on sale from 1st of March - Feb 29, 2012
- Beetel launches Rs.9,999 tablet in India - Aug 17, 2011
- Motorola launches android based smartphone - Nov 02, 2010
- Late entrants, Taiwanese ICT firms take on biggies - Jun 12, 2011
- HTC launches Sensation smartphone in India - Jun 16, 2011
- Hyundai to launch tablet production in Russia - Jul 13, 2012
- Motorola Zooms Ahead In Tablet Race With Xoom! - Jan 06, 2011
- HTC brings its tablet, HTC Flyer to India - Jun 27, 2011
- Samsung launches smart TV for Indian market - Mar 18, 2012
Tags: 3g, battery life, computer firm, extent, gps, htc, india general, internal storage, kuo, micro sd card, motorola, msi, New Delhi, pixel cameras, productivity, rim, samsung, sd card slot, storage space, tablet market