State Bank group deploys anti-money laundering softwareMarch 17th, 2009 - 8:05 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, March 17 (IANS) The State Bank of India (SBI) group deployed 3i Infotech software to prevent money laundering in compliance with the central bank’s regulatory order, the bank said Tuesday.
“We have contracted with IT software product firm 3i Infotech to deploy its anti-money laundering solution across our group comprising SBI and six associate banks to monitor any suspicious transfer of money, including terror financing,” SBI chief general manager B.S. Bhasin said in a statement here.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the Financial Intelligence Unit of India have made it mandatory for all banks operating in the country to adopt anti-money laundering technology for retaining the trust of its genuine customers.
The associate banks of the state-run SBI group are State Bank of Patiala, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, State Bank of Indore, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Mysore and State Bank of Travancore.
The SBI group has a combined branch network of 16,000 across the country.
“We have implemented our award-winning solution in the SBI group to check money laundering by monitoring its huge transaction data. The deal has strengthened our presence in the Indian banking sector,” 3i Infotech president (South Asia) Anirudh Prabhakaran said.
As a global provider of IT solutions, 3i Infotech is the fourth largest Indian software product firm.
- 3i Infotech to sell US unit for $137 mn - May 16, 2011
- Indian IT firm Sanovi opens subsidiary in Dubai - Feb 18, 2012
- Union Bank installs software to curb money laundering - Feb 27, 2008
- BankMuscat goes online with Nucleus software product - Oct 08, 2011
- US, India natural allies against terror financing: US official - Jul 28, 2011
- Thinksoft bags Rs.5-crore RBI order for testing solution - Dec 23, 2011
- US official congratulates India on financial action task force membership - Jul 03, 2010
- IRDA fines SBI Life Insurance Rs.70 lakh - Jul 09, 2011
- Wipro bags customer excellence award - Nov 29, 2011
- President awards customs officer who worked in Africa - Jan 25, 2011
- Nigerian bank deploys Infosys' Finacle software - Apr 16, 2012
- G-20 Summit Declaration - Jun 20, 2012
- Vatican bank sets up anti-money-laundering unit to end financial scandals - Dec 30, 2010
- Pak to be declared 'high-risk country' if it fails to upgrade money laundering laws - Oct 24, 2009
- Bangladesh to firm up money laundering laws - Sep 08, 2010
Tags: anirudh, anti money laundering software, bank of india, bhasin, financial intelligence, indian software, intelligence unit, jaipur state, prabhakaran, reserve bank of india, sbi, state bank, state bank of bikaner and jaipur, state bank of hyderabad, state bank of india, state bank of indore, state bank of mysore, state bank of patiala, state bank of travancore, winning solution