Sony Ericsson launches Xperia Arc, Play in IndiaApril 7th, 2011 - 8:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) Mobile handset manufacturer Sony Ericsson Thursday launched its Xperia range of mobile phones including — Xperia Arc — and playstation certified gaming smartphone — Xperia Play — in the Indian market.
Priced at Rs.32,000 and Rs.35,000 respectively, the phones are based on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon processor that lets users run multiple applications simultaneously with larger battery life.
“The launch of the Xperia Arc and Play is an important development for the brand in India, and with Sony technologies incorporated into our portfolio, we aim to become game changers here,” said Pawan Chadha, country head India, Sony Ericsson.
“As social and digital media continue to change consumer experiences, our portfolio will complement this phenomenon, and take communication entertainment to the next level,” he added.
While Arc is equipped with 10.6 cm touch screen, expandable memory up to 32 GB and 8.1 MP camera, Xperia Play, allows its users to experience PlayStation Suite games on the handset. It is also equipped with 5.1 MP camera.
According to a recent report “Mobile Youth Around the World” by media research firm Nielson, the Indian mobile phone market offers immense growth opportunity for smartphones, given that only 10 percent of the Indian youth have smartphones and 90 percent of them still have feature phones.
With social applications, and entertainment becoming the key mantras for mobile adoption in India, Sony Ericsson is optimistic about its new smartphones in the market.
To leverage these trends, the company has invested in marketing campaigns that will help grow the brand’s market share in the country, said Chadha.
“Sony Ericsson’s new portfolio is designed to cater to the current trends in the youth market. Our marketing campaign will bring alive our collaboration with Sony and Android.”
The company will also invest in different experiential marketing by increasing consumer touch-points across the country.
- Sony Ericsson To Launch Gaming Phone Xperia Play On February 13 - Feb 07, 2011
- Sony unveils smart phones for upward mobile - May 24, 2012
- Sony to acquire Ericsson's stake in joint venture for $1.47 bn - Oct 27, 2011
- Phone taking 3D pictures in markets soon - Sep 05, 2011
- Sony Play Station Phone Images Starts Surfacing Online - Oct 27, 2010
- Sony Ericsson launches three smart phones - Oct 28, 2009
- Mobile phone remote that can be worn on the wrist - Oct 03, 2010
- Sony ericsson Xperia X10 - Sep 23, 2010
- Huawei to design mobile handsets for Indian market - Jun 15, 2011
- Sony Ericsson Announces Bollywood Superstar Kareena Kapoor as its Brand Ambassador - Mar 27, 2010
- Sony Ericsson Walkman Phone Yendo Is Likely To Be Shipped In February - Dec 21, 2010
- India's mobile phone users spoilt for choice - Jun 05, 2011
- Sony to phase out feature phones by September - May 23, 2012
- Taiwan's Mediatek brings Facebook to entry level phones - Nov 08, 2011
- Nokia launches E6, X7 with Symbian Anna user interface - Jun 29, 2011
Tags: chadha, consumer experiences, expandable memory, experiential marketing, feature phones, growth opportunity, immense growth, mantras, marketing campaign, marketing campaigns, mobile adoption, mobile handset, mobile phone market, new smartphones, pawan, s market, snapdragon, social applications, sony ericsson, sony technologies