Sonam Kapoor named brand ambassador of yearMarch 22nd, 2011 - 2:44 am ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, March 22 (IANS) Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor was named brand ambassador of the year at the NDTV Good Times Gadget Guru Awards 2011 held here Monday night.
“I am a gadget freak. You will find everything from laptop, cellphone to iPad and iPod in my closet. They remain with me all the time. I can’t leave my mobile even for five minutes. Gadgets have become a way of life today for any generation,” Sonam said in a video message after receiving the award.
She is the brand ambassador of Spice mobiles.
Sonam, who has been quite active on microblogging site Twitter, says technology comes with its positives and negatives.
“It depends how you are involved in it. Twitter is a great platform for putting down your thoughts and sharing it with others but some are desperate for fame and obnoxious. I have blocked many fame crazy people who have been obnoxious,” she added.
The awards held at the Nautanki Mahal in Kingdom of Dreams, Gurgaon, honoured the best in the field of consumer electronics, gadgets and technology. These awards have been instituted to honour innovation and products that truly made a difference.
Microsoft Kinect for X-box 360 received the award for the innovation of the year, gaming hardware of the year and NDTV gadget of the year-viewer’s choice. On the other hand Apple iPad was named the computing device of the year and NDTV gadget of the year -jury’s choice. Apple iPod Nano was named the portable audio product of the year.
Samsung Galaxy S was named smartphone of the year. Samsung won two more awards for design of the year for Samsung 3D LED TV UA55C9000 and TV of the year for Samsung 3D LED TV UA46C8000. Nokia C3 walked away with an award for budget phone of the year.
The event was hosted by NDTV’s Vikram Chandra and Rajeev Makhani. It also saw some of the amazing performances by “Zangoora” star Hussain Kuwajerwala, Gauhar Khan and Kashmira Irani.
Apart from corporate biggies, the guest list also included music composer Anu Malik, singer Rabbi Shergill of “Bulla ki jaana” fame, singer Shibani Kashyap, socialite Suhel Seth, designer Rina Dhaka, ace hairstylist Ambika Pillai and Siddharth Basu.
- Apple awarded $1 bn in patent fight with Samsung - Aug 25, 2012
- Apple lawyer claims that Samsung copied iPhone technology - Aug 01, 2012
- Apple iPad available for Rs.27,900 in India - Jan 28, 2011
- At 7 Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab Stands Tall To Compete With Apple iPad - Sep 07, 2010
- Apple will find it hard to replace Steeve 'Cool' Jobs (Comment) - Aug 26, 2011
- Cyber Monday Electronic Deals Creating Waves Everywhere! - Nov 28, 2010
- Apple to drop Google Maps from upcoming mobile platform - May 12, 2012
- Jobs turns loser Apple into a big winner - Oct 06, 2011
- Best Cyber Monday Deals From Apple - Nov 30, 2010
- Black Friday Apple Deals Sound Interesting - Nov 25, 2010
- Apple Rumors Circulating In The Web Before Mega Event - Sep 01, 2010
- New iPad Mini to be released in October - Aug 27, 2012
- Rumors Related To Apple Soar As Apple Gears Itself Up To Launch Fresh Products - Sep 01, 2010
- Samsung did not copy 'cool' Apple iPad: Court - Jul 10, 2012
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: apple ipad, apple ipod, apple ipod nano, biggies, crazy people, gadget freak, gadget guru, gaming hardware, gauhar khan, guru awards, hussain kuwajerwala, kashmira, kingdom of dreams, music compo, ndtv, sonam kapoor, twitter, video message, vikram chandra, x box 360