Som Mittal stays as Nasscom president till 2014June 25th, 2012 - 7:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 25 (IANS) Som Mittal will continue as president of the National Association of Software and Service Companies (Nasscom) for two more years.
The executive council of Nasscom has unanimously agreed to extend his term till early 2014, the association said Monday.
It said Mittal is doing an “outstanding job” in leading Nasscom.
Mittal, an IIT-Kanpur alumuni, took over as the association president in January 2008.
Nasscom, founded in 1988, represents India’s $100 billion IT industry. It has 1,200 firms as members.
- IT sector slams budget on 'retrogade' taxes - Feb 28, 2011
- US curbs disturbing, but have no immediate impact: Nasscom - Sep 15, 2010
- IIT Kanpur revolts, to hold separate entrance exam - Jun 08, 2012
- Indian IT industry talks with US on visas - Jun 23, 2011
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- European crisis not to hit Indian IT: Nasscom - Sep 21, 2011
- ICT key to combat climate change, say experts - Dec 22, 2011
- Indian IT industry to grow 16-18 percent, market cautious - Aug 23, 2011
- India's IT industry bets on growth despite uncertainty - Jan 08, 2012
- Indian IT service industry to cross $100 bn revenue mark - Feb 08, 2012
- Infotech can improve healthcare in India: Nasscom - Jan 30, 2012
- New IIT entrance test pattern gets mixed reactions from alumni - Jun 28, 2012
- Now, IIT-Kanpur seeks PM's intervention on common test - Jun 11, 2012
- IT sector to log 11-14 percent growth - Jul 25, 2012
- First Nasscom meet in Kerala - Sep 27, 2011