Solar Storm In 2012 : Reports NASAAugust 17th, 2010 - 7:09 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
August 17, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): It has been made official now! A solar storm in 2012 is in the offing. NASA has reported that the power source of our universe is going to unleash a tantrum like never before. Radiation from the sun will hit the earth and its surrounding atmosphere with such a fury that all the space stations have the possibility of being totally wiped out in the aftermath. This means that the power supply to the entire world will remain suspended and we would be unable to light up our interiors or operate our refrigerators. The impact would be even more far reaching when the lines of communication and other advanced technological applications goes out leaving the entire mankind helpless and back to the ancient ages.
While an event with such dreadful eventuality may be difficult to grasp, we need to remain aware of the fact that the sun does a complete flip every 11 years sending out radiations all through the space including towards the earth. We may have escaped the harmful effects until now, but are definitely going to be in for some hard times when the solar storm takes place a couple of years later.
The last recorded geomagnetic storm caused due to a solar flare up can be traced back to 1859 when the telegraph wires were wiped out completely. The degree of destruction is likely to be manifold this time round with human beings losing out on every front be it transportation, communication or power.
The NASA report is however not all pessimistic and it does say that while there is a distinct possibility, the earth may just manage to escape the consequences again in 2012.
The solar minimum has already arrived says NASA. The sunspots are not being seen anymore and there is virtually no solar flare either. The sun is surprising quiet now. Could this be a lull before the fatal storm? It is also being considered as the most intense solar maximum in the last fifty years. The prediction was made by Mausumi Dikpati of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) along with her team.
- Solar storm gains strength - Mar 10, 2012
- Solar Storm Warning Issued By NASA Scientists - Jun 25, 2010
- Quiet Sun bombards earth with fierce solar streams - Sep 18, 2009
- Massive solar storm to hit Earth in 2012 with 'force of 100m bombs' - Aug 26, 2010
- Distant star's sound waves have cycle similar to the Sun's - Aug 27, 2010
- Sun's 'killer flare' won't end earth in 2012: NASA - Nov 13, 2011
- NASA Warns Solar Storms of 2012 Can Shut Down US for Months! - Aug 17, 2010
- Solar flare to 'paralyse Earth' in just 3 years' time - Sep 21, 2010
- Powerful solar flare disrupts ground communications on Earth - Feb 19, 2011
- Indian scientist concerned over effect of solar storm on earth - Aug 10, 2010
- Solar tsunami from Sun may hit Earth on Tuesday - Aug 03, 2010
- Powerful solar storm disrupts communications - Feb 20, 2011
- New Sun images released by NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory - Apr 22, 2010
- Virtual model of sunspots may unlock Sun's mysteries - Jun 19, 2009
- Freak solar storm could hit London Olympics - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: distinct possibility, eventuality, fatal storm, geomagnetic storm, last fifty years, lull, men at work, nasa report, pen men, power source, radiations, solar flare, solar maximum, solar minimum, solar storm, space stations, sunspots, tantrum, technological applications, telegraph wires