Smart City Kochi pavilion to open next monthApril 25th, 2012 - 8:11 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, April 25 (IANS) A state-of-the-art sales pavilion, built as part of the much-awaited Smart City Kochi project, is all set to open next month, an official associated with the project said here Wednesday.
“Smart City Kochi is a commitment towards the state of Kerala and will set new benchmarks in creating and fostering an ecosystem for investment and growth,” said Jawad Suleiman, executive director, project development and planning of Smart City Dubai, the project implementing company.
According to Suleiman, the 10,090 sq ft pavilion will assist in marketing the project to national and international investors, and its opening comes at a time when the master plan of the project is expected to be completed by August.
“With the approval of the concept master plan, we are moving towards building the country’s largest IT Park with world-class facilities in Kerala,” said Suleiman.
The proposed Rs.5,000 crore mega IT project, the ground breaking ceremony of which was held in October last year, will come up over an area of 250 acres. It is expected to provide jobs to 90,000 professionals.
As planned, the first phase of the project will be completed in 18-24 months.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy had first announced the Smart City Kochi project in 2004 when he was in office. However, since then it was hanging fire. Things have started moving again after Chandy re-assumed office in May last year.
- All mega projects are on course: Chandy - May 31, 2012
- Chandy launches project in Smart City Kochi - Jun 09, 2012
- Spadework begins on Smart City Kochi - Oct 08, 2011
- Smart City Kochi on course: Official - Jan 23, 2012
- Governor unwell, Chandy takes R-Day parade salute - Jan 26, 2012
- Work on Smart City to begin next month: Chandy - Aug 21, 2011
- First phase of Smart City Kochi project to be commissioned soon - Jun 23, 2011
- Kochi Metro project to go ahead: Chandy - Jun 06, 2011
- Smart City project should go on with Dubai, demands Congress - Nov 18, 2010
- Congress backs Kochi infotech project - Dec 09, 2010
- Chandy now unveils one year action plan for development - Nov 17, 2011
- Row breaks out over Kochi Metro Rail project - Jan 02, 2012
- 'Smart City Kochi delay due to government ineffectiveness' - Feb 09, 2010
- Kerala's agenda tailor-made to attract investments: Chandy (With Images) - May 15, 2012
- Chandy invites India Inc to invest in Kerala - May 14, 2012
Tags: art sales, benchmarks, chief minister, crore, director project, ecosystem, executive director, ground breaking ceremony, hanging fire, international investors, jobs, oommen chandy, smart city kochi, sq ft, state of kerala, state of the art, world class facilities