Single portal for e-governance services in GujaratJuly 21st, 2010 - 9:40 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, July 21 (IANS) Gujarat Wednesday unveiled a single stop portal –www.portal.gujarat.gov.in — for all its e-governance services.
State minister Jaynarayan Vyas said: “More than 50 G2C services will be made available to the people of the state through this portal.”
The minister said government service applications like VAT (Value Added Tax), HMIS (hospital management), e-dhara (revenue records), e-procurement, swagat (public grievance portal), jan suvidha kendra at district collectorates and city civic centres in municipal corporations can be accessed through this portal.
“The decision to put all services in a single portal is due to the fact that IT connectivity in Gujarat is now reaching villages and most of the departments are likely to have client groups in the villages,” he said.
He said the salient features of the portal would be the single point of contact, standardized web content, exhaustive search, printable forms with barcode/e-forms, central repository of documents and SMS-e-mail integration.
The portal would have links to important websites like passport, railways, high court, treasury, state government welfare schemes besides other government websites, the minister added.
- Dubai health authority website wins award - Dec 17, 2011
- Bahrain launches single e-ID for government services - Jan 10, 2011
- UP to pilot national single window for investors - Jun 07, 2012
- e-village programme eases rural people's lives - Jul 17, 2011
- Wipro bags data centre projects from three states - May 13, 2010
- e-broadcast pilot project launched in Gujarat - May 06, 2011
- Healthcare insurance portal snag rectified: Wipro - Jul 19, 2011
- Iraqi delegation in Bangalore to study e-governance projects - Apr 21, 2011
- Pitroda bats for e-governance - Jan 23, 2012
- Most Chinese unhappy with government websites - Dec 18, 2010
- Dubai to host 17th GCC e-government, e-services conference - May 19, 2011
- Jharkhand launches online tax payment (Lead) - Dec 27, 2010
- Punjab to provide e-convenience in all local bodies - Nov 09, 2010
- Kerala to launch e-governance project Friday - Dec 14, 2010
- Land transactions go online in Karnataka to check delays - Jun 24, 2011
Tags: central repository, civic centres, client groups, dhara, e procurement, exhaustive search, gandhinagar, governance services, government welfare, hospital management, mail integration, municipal corporations, public grievance, salient features, service applications, single portal, state minister, suvidha, vyas, welfare schemes