Sensex down 89.56 points in noon tradeMay 14th, 2012 - 2:54 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 14 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian equities markets was trading 89.56 points down around 12.50 p.m. Monday, 0.56 percent down from its previous close.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was ruling at 16,210.92 points, down by 0.50 percent or 82.06 points from its previous close of 16,292.98 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 16,390.33 points and a low of 16,187.39 in the intra-day trade. The Sensex midcap was down 48.57 points and smallcap by 36.26 points.
The BSE FMCG index was up 0.39 percent and 17.96 points followed by health care index and consumer durable index up 0.36 percent and 0.19 percent respectively.
The BSE auto index was down by 0.06 percent or 5.84 points, while the IT index was down 0.26 percent or 14.20 points.
Major Sensex losers included HDFC Bank, down 2.26 percent at Rs.499.25; ONGC, down 2.24 percent at Rs.248.95; BHEL, down 1.88 percent at Rs.217; SBI, down 1.60 percent at Rs.1,822.50; Tata Motors, 1.48 percent at Rs.293.
Major gainers included Bajaj Auto, up 1.55 at Rs.1,579.35; Mahindra and Mahindra, up 1.31 percent at Rs.663.70; Gail India, up 1.04 percent at Rs.321.80; Maruti Suzuki, up 0.81 percent at Rs.1,244, Wipro, up 0.74 percent at Rs.403.75.
- Sensex closes flat, technology stocks rise (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Sensex up 144 points in noon trade - May 10, 2012
- Sensex down 31 points, banking, realty stocks fall - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex down 58 points, realty, banks stocks slump (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex down 35.68 points, oil and gas stocks fall - May 25, 2012
- Sensex rises 120 points, FMCG, realty, metal stocks up - May 17, 2012
- Sensex rises 87 points, power, IT stocks up - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex tanks 77 points; metal, auto, power stocks hit (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Sensex rises 97 points, IT stocks up - Aug 21, 2012
- Sensex trims gains; auto, oil and gas stocks down (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex down 19 points; auto, oil and gas stocks fall (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex closes 16 points down (Second lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex down 41 points; realty, health care stocks slump - Jun 21, 2012
- Sensex down 87 points as rise in inflation dampens rate cut hopes - Jun 14, 2012
- Sensex closes 81 points higher as August derivatives end (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
Tags: auto index, benchmark index, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, gainers, health care index, India, losers, mahindra and mahindra, midcap, ongc, rs 1, sbi, sensex, sensitive index, smallcap, suzuki, tata motors, wipro