Scientists say that global warming threat is ‘undeniable’July 29th, 2010 - 8:14 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, July 29 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Around three hundred scientists from more than 40 countries said that the evidence from 10 indicators on Global Warming points to the fact that the threat is undeniable.
The scientists’ statement comes only a day after President Barack Obama renewed his pledge for the climate legislation. The scientists said that the 10 key indicators points to the fact that the last decade was the warmest in the history of the world.
Scientists have maintained over the years that the temperature of the planet is still rising. Though the scientists’ points to several factors and evidence, skeptics of the global warming theory say that the conclusions of the scientists are not accurate.
In the report which is the 20th in the series, the scientists however the failed to name the cause of the global warming. The report noted that 1980 was the warmest decade in history but from the 90’s every year’s temperature average was higher than that of the 80’s. That trend followed in the 2000’s.
The scientists estimate that the global temperature increases by a fifth of a Fahrenheit every decade. “A comprehensive review of key climate indicators confirms the world is warming and the past decade was the warmest on record,” according to the annual State of the Climate report.
- 2010 tied for warmest year on record - Jan 13, 2011
- Evidence confirms CO2 spikes ended ice age - Apr 08, 2012
- 2011 - 9th warmest year on record, says NASA - Jan 21, 2012
- Scientists forecast irreversibly hotter summers - Jun 07, 2011
- 2010 - one of the two warmest years on record - Jul 01, 2011
- Global warming evidences 'unmistakable' - Jul 29, 2010
- US marks warmest March on record - Apr 10, 2012
- Climate changes will be rapid if warming continues - Dec 09, 2011
- Earth's hot past indicates much hotter future - Jan 16, 2011
- NOAA: June was the warmest month since 1880 - Jul 19, 2010
- Puzzling drop in water vapour may be behind warming slowdown - Jan 29, 2010
- Global warming was 'more common 50m yrs ago' - Mar 17, 2011
- Last Decade Warmest Ever, NASA Study Reveals - Jan 25, 2010
- Clouds to cool the earth - Feb 23, 2012
- Hotter summers in the pipeline - Jun 07, 2011
Tags: barack obama, climate indicators, climate report, conclusions, fahrenheit, global temperature, global warming, history of the world, last decade, legislation, pledge, several factors, skeptics, temperature average, temperature increases, washington dc, world scientists