Scientists Able To Generate Sound Of “God Particle”June 24th, 2010 - 7:20 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
June 24, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Although the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is yet to yield a Higgs Boson particle that would answer many unanswered questions in the field of Astronomy and space science, the researchers have been able to simulate the sound that the particle which is nicknamed as “God Particle” will produce. According to researches, the sound that the Higgs Boson particle will generate will sound much like several coins clattering around the bowl of a wine glass.
The Researchers have simulated the sound of not only the Higgs Boson particle but also of other sub-atomic collisions that would take place in the Large Hadron Collider. The Scientists working for the LHC Sound have collaborated with a group of musicians and artists who have worked hard to anticipate the sound of the “God particle”.
The scientists and musicians took the available data on the particle and then went on to match the expected pitch and volume of the “God particle” after it being created out of a high speed collision between two proton particles.
The sound of the “God particle” has been created through the process of “sonification” and Scientists claim that the Knowledge of the sound of the “God Particle” will make their job easy to detect the particle as and when it is created. Dr. Lily Asquith who had contributed to the LHC Sound has, mentioned in her blog post that “Sound seems the perfect tool with which to represent the complexity of the data”.
The scientist has also added that the ear has that incredible ability to notice the change in the slightest pitch and distinguish one particle from the other.
- Scientists simulate 'God particle's' expected sound - Jun 23, 2010
- Scientists Replicate The Sound Of 'God Particle' - Jun 24, 2010
- God Particle's discovery 'biggest leap in physics' (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Post Higgs, Cern turns spotlight on dark matter - Jul 08, 2012
- Scientists claim discovery of Higgs boson-like particle (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Large Hadron Collider sets new beam intensity record - Apr 23, 2011
- Scientist sets Large Hadron Collider data to 'music' - Jan 04, 2011
- New particle found, could unravel secret of universe (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Has the 'God Particle' been found? - Apr 26, 2011
- Google app shows colliding protons in real time - Oct 10, 2011
- God particle may not exist after all, say experts - Aug 23, 2011
- Boffins inch closer to discovering elusive "God particle" - Jul 27, 2010
- 'God particle' mystery to be solved by 2012 - May 18, 2011
- Possible discovery of new sub-atomic particle could upset rules of physics - Apr 18, 2011
- Scientists claim Large Hadron Collider could unlock secret of time travel - Mar 21, 2011
Tags: asquith, astronomy, atomic collisions, dey, god particle, hadron collider, higgs boson particle, june 24, large hadron, lhc, lily, madhuri, particles, proton, researches, sonification, space science, speed collision, unanswered questions, wine glass