Satyam’s solution reduces downtime for cement companiesMay 13th, 2008 - 6:18 pm ICT by admin
Hyderabad, May 13 (IANS) Software major Satyam Computer Services Ltd Tuesday announced that it has developed a new solution to reduce downtime for process manufacturing companies, which normally take an annual or semi-annual plant maintenance shutdown. Using Satyam’s solution, Priya Cement, the brand name of Rain Commodities Ltd (RCL), reduced its plant shutdown time from 18 days to 13 days, enabling production of an additional 15,000 tonnes of cement and $1.6 million worth of sales.
The solution is based on the Theory of Constraints (TOC), developed by Israeli physicist Eliyahu Goldratt, said Satyam in a statement.
The business value enhancement team of Satyam implemented a solution based on TOC’s critical chain project management (CCPM).
“The measures suggested by Satyam to evaluate the project status and progress were simple yet revealing and brought about an enormous amount of management focus in areas on tasks where required,” said Priya Cement (operations) president P.B. Gopalakrishna.
Satyam has also used this solution to reduce shutdown times by 30 percent at Shree Cement, resulting in cement production of an additional 24,000 tonnes and is prepared to apply this solution to other industries such as chemical process, petroleum refining and steel.
“By implementing TOC techniques for Priya Cement and Shree Cement, Satyam has been able to put the client’s business goals first and providing solutions that directly impact the client topline and bottom line without any significant change in capital and operational expenditure,” said Satyam’s global head for business value enhancement Srinagesh Kumble.
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- Shree Vijay setting up aqua feed plant in Andhra - Feb 22, 2012
- Infosys braces to face twin challenges of clients - Jun 09, 2012
- Wipro buys Australian analytics firm - May 01, 2012
- Shree Cement penalized Rs.397.51 crore for monopolistic practices - Jul 30, 2012
- Virtualisation poses challenges to disaster recovery plans: study - Dec 25, 2010
- Himachal's cement production to go up - Mar 22, 2012
- Nigerian bank deploys Infosys' Finacle software - Apr 16, 2012
- Sonata Software forms joint venture in Qatar - Dec 21, 2011
- New Zealand firm to manage Indian enterprises' data with CMC - Feb 11, 2012
- Kesoram Industries posts net profit of Rs.36.83 crore - Jan 28, 2010
- Mahindra Satyam to acquire minority stake in Dion Global - Feb 10, 2012
- Subex bags deal from West Asian mobile operator - Mar 06, 2012
- Infosys acquires software business of New Zealand firm - Jun 08, 2011
- Thinksoft bags Rs.5-crore RBI order for testing solution - Dec 23, 2011
Tags: cement companies, cement operations, cement production, computer services ltd, critical chain project management, enhancement team, global head, kumble, maintenance shutdown, management focus, petroleum refining, plant maintenance, plant shutdown, process manufacturing, rcl, satyam computer services, satyam computer services ltd, shutdown time, theory of constraints, value enhancement