Samsung unveils Galaxy S3May 4th, 2012 - 11:19 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 4 (IANS) Samsung has unveiled its latest flagship phone the Galaxy S3 here.
The phone’s most innovative feature is built-in face-tracking and voice control - allowing, Samsung claims, for a more “natural” control system, Daily Mail reported Friday. It was unveiled Thursday.
Other innovations include what Samsung claims is a “more intelligent” lock system, that keeps the screen “awake” when the phone’s camera senses eyes watching it, rather than turning it off.
The voice control system is called S Voice - and allows access to weather forecasts, web searches and scheduling, similar to iPhone’s Siri system.
Saying “I want to take a picture” launches the camera application - and will work in eight languages at launch. S Voice can also reply out loud - which Samsung claims will allow the system to be used while driving, according to the newspaper.
Available in blue and white, the phone will be launched at the end of May, starting in Europe, with other regions following.
- Samsung launches smart TV for Indian market - Mar 18, 2012
- Samsung unveils new Galaxy smartphone - May 04, 2012
- Apple awarded $1 bn in patent fight with Samsung - Aug 25, 2012
- iPhone 4S sales top 4 mn in first weekend: Apple - Oct 18, 2011
- iPhone 4S hits Indian stores, starts at Rs.44,500 (Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- Samsung unveils first tablet computer Galaxy Tab - Sep 04, 2010
- Samsung seeks sales ban on iPhone 4S in Japan, Australia - Oct 17, 2011
- iPhone 4S launched in India starting Rs.44,500 - Nov 25, 2011
- Samsung unveils Galaxy to challenge Apple's iPad - Sep 03, 2010
- Windows Phone 7.5 launched in India - Oct 12, 2011
- Apple lawyer claims that Samsung copied iPhone technology - Aug 01, 2012
- Samsung seeks sales ban on iPhone 4S in France, Italy - Oct 05, 2011
- Samsung Galaxy S3 sales top 20 mn - Sep 06, 2012
- At 7 Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab Stands Tall To Compete With Apple iPad - Sep 07, 2010
- After Apple, Dell and Samsung pose challenges to BlackBerry - Nov 12, 2010