Samsung launches new CDMA phone seriesDecember 18th, 2008 - 3:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 18 (IANS) Samsung Electronics Thursday launched a new series of CDMA phones, which will have the capability to operate on all the three CDMA service providers’ platforms.The Mpower series of CDMA phones have the capability to inter-operate on Reliance Mobile, Tata Indicom and Virgin Mobile, the company said.
The MPower phones adapt to the network settings of the respective service provider on change of the SIM card. Most CDMA phones come “network-locked”, which means a customer using a Reliance CDMA handset will not be able to use it for Tata services.
“The MPower series is unique in that they allow the users to seamlessly shift between any of the three CDMA operators. By making the phones available in the open market, we are making our phones available to a wider base of CDMA consumers,” Samsung’s telecom division country head Sunil Dutt said.
The phones also perform the function of data cards on connection to laptops through data cable or the Bluetooth wireless technology, eliminating the need for purchase of separate data cards, Dutt added.
The two models launched MPower 569 and MPower 309 are priced at Rs.9,900 and Rs.6,300, respectively. Samsung has a series of CDMA handsets in the open market priced in the range between Rs.6,300 and Rs.14,999.
- Samsung launches open market handsets for CDMA phones - Aug 28, 2009
- Tata Indicom launches Blackberry Bold 9650 for CDMA users - Oct 29, 2010
- Samsung bets on CDMA handset business with new models - Dec 29, 2009
- Reliance Unveils New Android CDMA Phone In India - Jul 08, 2010
- RComm, Coolpad launch Android CDMA phone in Kolkata - Sep 08, 2011
- China Wireless to set up research centre in India - May 25, 2010
- Japan's NTT DOCOMO to invest Rs.8 bn in Tata Teleservices - Mar 31, 2011
- Tata Teleservices integrates all services under Tata DOCOMO - Oct 19, 2011
- Applications key as tablets flood Indian market - Aug 25, 2011
- Huawei eyes 15 percent market share in handset sales by 2015 - Jun 08, 2011
- Indian mobile handsets market grows 10 percent in 2011 - Mar 01, 2012
- Reliance launches SMS conference calls - Oct 26, 2010
- India's mobile phone users spoilt for choice - Jun 05, 2011
- Bharti forays into mobile handset business - Sep 19, 2010
- Nokia India bets on phone-plus services for growth - Sep 20, 2010