Samsung launches Galaxy Note 800 in IndiaAugust 24th, 2012 - 10:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 24 (IANS) Samsung Electronics Friday launched a new tablet, Galaxy Note 800, in the Indian market expanding its product portfolio.
Priced at Rs.39,990, the device extends the Galaxy Note category.
The smartphone features S Pen with 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity and is integrated with knowledge search engines to enable users search for content, obtain information and drag and drop content without having to switch between screens.
Designed with 1.4GHz Quad-Core Processor and 2GB of internal RAM, it also offers five-megapixel main camera and a 1.9 megapixel front facing camera.
The device comes pre-loaded with Adobe Photoshop Touch, and a new app My Education that has been developed to help school students to take advantage of the digital environment that they are constantly experiencing.
It also offers more than almost 900 education text books which would be the largest collection of educational e-books in India.
“India is one of the first 10 markets in the world where the Galaxy Note 800 is being launched. With the Samsung Galaxy Note 800, Samsung provides a unique user experience that goes beyond passive content consumption to a new world of productivity, active creation and personalized communications,” said Ranjit Yadav, country head, Samsung Mobile and IT.
“While the S pen offers both active content creation and passive content creation, the multi-screen finally enables true multi-tasking. I expect this device to in many ways to fuel the growth of the tablet market in India and help us further strengthen our market leadership in the tablet market here in India,” he added.
- Samsung Galaxy Note - 'Tablet cum Smartphone' - Feb 14, 2012
- Sony enters Indian tablet market - Dec 14, 2011
- Samsung launches ultra notebook series in India - Feb 23, 2012
- Applications key as tablets flood Indian market - Aug 25, 2011
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to go on sale from 1st of March - Feb 29, 2012
- Samsung unveils first tablet computer Galaxy Tab - Sep 04, 2010
- Samsung launches new tablet in Indian market - Jan 11, 2012
- HCL Infosystems launches Rs.10,490 tablet in India - Oct 14, 2011
- Reliance communication launches new 3G tablet for Rs.14,499 - Jul 19, 2012
- Nokia launches Lumia 610 for Rs.12,999 in India - Jul 06, 2012
- Motorola XOOM tablet launched in India - Jun 28, 2011
- Motorola launches slimmer Razr for Rs.33,990 - Nov 21, 2011
- Samsung targets 60 percent of Indian smartphone market share - May 31, 2012
- Low cost tablets gain market share - Aug 12, 2012
- Samsung launches smart TV for Indian market - Mar 18, 2012
Tags: adobe photoshop, content consumption, content creation, core processor, digital environment, drag and drop, e books, india india, internal ram, knowledge search, main camera, market leadership, multi tasking, pressure sensitivity, product portfolio, samsung electronics, samsung mobile, search engines, tablet market, users search