Samsung Galaxy S3 sales top 20 mnSeptember 6th, 2012 - 1:18 pm ICT by IANS
Seoul, Sep 6 (IANS) Samsung Electronics Thursday said global sales of its Galaxy S3 smartphone topped 20 million at a faster pace than any of its predecessors.
According to an e-mailed statement, global Galaxy S3 sales breached the 20 million mark in just 100 days after its debut in May 2012. The record-breaking sales were three times faster than Galaxy S2 and six times quicker than Galaxy S, reported Xinhua.
The Galaxy S3 sales exceeded the 10 million mark in 50 days since its debut, equaling 200,000 sales per day, Samsung said.
“The GALAXY S3 has enjoyed tremendous attention and popularity since its launch in May, and we are thrilled with its success,” said Shin Jong-kyun, president of Samsung’s IT & mobile communications division.
The Galaxy device was evenly sold across the globe with sales in Europe, Asia and North America reaching 6 million, 4.5 million and 4 million respectively. Sales in South Korea amounted to 2.5 million until now.
The record sale came as Apple was seeking to ban on sales of the Samsung’s newest smartphone in the US. A US federal court jury sided with the iPhone maker, ruling last month that Samsung infringed on six of seven Apple patents.
- Samsung seeks sales ban on iPhone 4S in France, Italy - Oct 05, 2011
- Apple beats Google in US smartphone market - Jan 26, 2012
- Samsung's Galaxy S2 sales top 20 mn units - Feb 23, 2012
- Apple gets setback in patent war - Dec 10, 2011
- Samsung seeks sales ban on iPhone 4S in Japan, Australia - Oct 17, 2011
- Samsung unveils new Galaxy smartphone - May 04, 2012
- Samsung has not infringed Apple's key patent: Tokyo court - Aug 31, 2012
- Apple awarded $1 bn in patent fight with Samsung - Aug 25, 2012
- Amazon sells 3.9 mn tablets in Q4 2011 - Feb 17, 2012
- iPhone 4S sales top 4 mn in first weekend: Apple - Oct 18, 2011
- iPhone 5 pre-orders top record 2 million in first 24 hours - Sep 18, 2012
- Apple working on less expensive iPhones - Feb 14, 2011
- Apple gizmos facing from S. Korean challengers - Apr 20, 2011
- Apple sues Samsung over Galaxy phones, tablets - Apr 19, 2011
- Judge rules that Apple's iPad is cooler than Samsung's Galaxy tablet - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: 10 million, 5 million, amp mobile, apple patents, communications division, europe asia, federal court jury, galaxy, global sales, iphone, launch, mobile communications, predecessors, samsung electronics, seoul, shin jong, six times, smartphone, south korea, xinhua