Samsung forays into Notebook, Netbook spaceDecember 19th, 2008 - 7:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 19 (IANS) Digital technology major Samsung India Friday announced its foray in the portable personal computer (PC) segment with a lineup of Notebooks and Netbooks.Netbooks are ultra-compact laptops that have come into the mainstream in the past two years followed by the success of Asus EE PC.
The products are priced between Rs.28,000 and Rs.115,014.
“With its entry into the Indian Notebook market, the company, which was only in the IT peripherals space, is providing a complete PC solution to its customers,” Samsung India’s information technology director Ranjit Singh Yadav told reporters here.
The comprehensive Notebook range being launched reflects Samsung’s design and manufacturing leadership, with upto 75 percent of the components going into the Notebooks manufactured by Samsung.
“The company plans to capture the market share in double digits by 2010,” Yadav said.
Samsung India posted a 30 percent compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) and plans to grow more than 30 percent with this launch, he added.
The company will initially offer these products from its existing retail outlets and could follow it up standalone showrooms later.
“With the launch of Samsung Notebooks, our focus in the coming years will be to enhance our consumer interface for our IT products,” Yadav said.
- Samsung launches ultra notebook series in India - Feb 23, 2012
- Intel ships new Atom processors to PC makers - Dec 29, 2011
- Lenovo unveils 12 new products, sees double-digit market share - Jun 23, 2010
- Asus Eee PC 1215 N breaks new frontiers - Sep 23, 2010
- Samsung launches premium notebook for Rs.1,02,990 in India - Aug 31, 2012
- PC sales in India may rise to 12.71 million in 2012 - Aug 31, 2011
- Seagate to acquire Samsung's hard drive operations for $1.37 billion - Apr 19, 2011
- Samsung unveils product portfolio for 2011 - Apr 13, 2011
- India's PC market grew 17 percent in Q2 of 2012 - Aug 28, 2012
- Digital lifestyle brand Belkin launches 24x7 helpline in Hindi - Nov 22, 2011
- Fiat launches new versions of Linea and Punto - Jan 04, 2012
- Apple sues Samsung over Galaxy phones, tablets - Apr 19, 2011
- PC sales up 42 percent in third quarter - Mar 22, 2010
- HP eyes 21.5 percent market share in consumer notebook segment - Jun 20, 2012
- Personal computers sales grew 18 percent last fiscal - Jul 28, 2010