Russia to unveil air defence system at Indian air showFebruary 5th, 2011 - 4:14 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Feb 5 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A Russian firm will disclose information about a new mobile short-range air defence system based on the Strelets launcher at the upcoming Aero India 2011 air show in Bangalore.”The (Kolomna-based) Engineering Design Bureau will present for the first time details of a new ultra short-range air defence system based on the Strelets launcher for the portable Igla missiles,” Russia’s Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation said in a statement Friday.
The Strelets multiple launcher unit was developed for use with the 9M39 Igla (NATO SA-18 “Grouse”) and Igla-1 (NATO SA-16 “Gimlet”) missiles.
It provides an automatic remote launch capability in either single-round or salvo modes when mounted on various launch platforms.
Aero India-2011, which will be held in Bangalore Feb 9-13, will attract the record number of over 600 manufacturers, vendors and suppliers from 63 countries.
Russia will be represented by 35 companies, including MiG, Sukhoi, Almaz-Antei and Engineering Design Bureau.
- 35 Russian companies at Aero India 2011 - Feb 08, 2011
- New Russian air defence system by 2013 - Aug 15, 2011
- Russia develops advanced air defence system - Apr 08, 2011
- Russian missile maker to build two plants, expand exports - Dec 29, 2010
- Russian missile maker Almaz Antei expands - Apr 10, 2012
- West to have 80,000 cruise missiles by 2020: Russia - May 29, 2011
- Russia delivers S-300 air-defence batteries to China - Apr 02, 2010
- Antony opens Asia's biggest air show in Bangalore - Feb 09, 2011
- US vows to go ahead with missile shield - May 11, 2012
- Russia wants missile defence guarantees - Jun 02, 2012
- Russia to build new intercontinental missile by 2018 - Sep 04, 2012
- Aero India 2011: Global defence majors eyeing big deals from Indian armed forces - Feb 08, 2011
- Israel worried over Syrian missiles to Hezbollah - Mar 20, 2012
- Russia to showcase its best combat aircraft in Dubai - Nov 12, 2011
- Second stealth warship joins Russian Navy - Oct 14, 2011
Tags: aero india, air defence system, almaz, capability, engineering design, gimlet, grouse, igla missiles, launch, launcher, moscow, nato, platforms, ria novosti, russia, russian firm, snb, sukhoi, technical cooperation, time details