Russia launches social networking site for IT expertsApril 13th, 2010 - 3:12 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, April 13 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russia has launched a special social networking site to encourage interaction among Information and Technology (IT) professionals.
The project is part of the Russian government’s efforts to create an electronic public service system, intended to help fight corruption and red tape.
The regionalochka.ru website, designed for “employees of Russia’s regional administrations, charged with IT development, administrative reform and transition to providing state and municipal services online”, is currently operating in a test mode.
The networking site is hosted by Rostelecom, a subsidiary of Russia’s state-run telecom giant Svyazinvest.
Professionals can register with the website by filling a registration form, in which the user must submit his or her name, e-mail address and other personal information such as the state body with which a person is employed, the department and designation.
The CNews web portal said Monday, citing Russia’s communications ministry, that every registration bid will be checked and authorised by regional IT specialists.
The ministry said that such stringent registration procedure was due to the purely professional nature of the web portal.
Rostelecom is also involved in another government initiative to create a state e-mail service allowing citizens to communicate with officials.
The service, expected to be launched by the end of 2010, will provide Russians with the opportunity to apply for various documents and receive them by e-mail, without having to stand in queues.
- Russia starts government email service - Apr 09, 2010
- Russians need to register to watch live poll broadcast - Jan 20, 2012
- MegaFon offers BlackBerry services in Russia - Dec 23, 2011
- Russian telecom operator blocks YouTube - Sep 20, 2012
- Russian internet blacklist to be kept secret - Aug 14, 2012
- Russian inventors sue Sony - Feb 25, 2012
- Court bans clip of Russians drinking - Apr 17, 2012
- Personal data on Russians being sold in malls - Jun 26, 2011
- Russian president gains 1 mn online fans in 24 hours - Nov 11, 2011
- Russia's first Muslim TV channel goes on air - Aug 20, 2012
- Facebook files for $5 bn IPO - Feb 02, 2012
- Electric shock kills former junior archery champion - Jul 10, 2012
- Russia denies Finnish airspace violation - Aug 25, 2012
- Russian president joins Facebook - Oct 20, 2011
- Key Russian websites hacked, down on election day - Dec 04, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,