Reliance Communications inks $1.9 bn loan deal with Chinese bankMarch 9th, 2011 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 9 (IANS) Reliance Communications Wednesday said it has concluded all necessary formalities with the China Development Bank for a $1.93-billion loan facility to finance its third generation telecom services business.
The loan facility is fully underwritten by the Chinese bank and represents the first and largest ever syndicated loan not only in India’s telecom sector but also in terms of a loan to an Indian entity from a Chinese financial institution, the company said.
The loan facility includes an agreement for $600 million for financing imports, as also for domestic expenditure on telecom equipment sourced from the Chinese vendors namely, Huawei and ZTE.
“Reliance Communications has already received Reserve Bank of India’s approval for the facilities and the draw down is expected to commence shortly,” the company said in the statement.
The financing has a maturity period of 10 years.
Reliance Communications, a part of the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, has a customer base of 132 million, ranking it among the top four telecom companies in the world by number of customers in a single country.
- Reliance Communications gets $665 mn from Chinese bank - Mar 17, 2011
- Reliance Communication to get $1.93 bn from China Bank - Dec 15, 2010
- Reliance Communications Q3 net profit up 7.7 percent - Feb 14, 2011
- Reliance Communications raises $255 mn for part-finance of 3G loan - Jan 18, 2011
- Reliance draws second tranche of loan - May 12, 2011
- Reliance Communications gets RBI nod for refinancing FCCBs - Feb 16, 2012
- Reliance Communications revenue rises 4.4 percent in 2010-11 - May 30, 2011
- Anil Ambani talks of unlocking shareholder value (Roundup) - Sep 27, 2011
- Rivals? India seeks bigger Chinese role in infrastructure - Oct 09, 2011
- Some 50 business pacts signed during Wen's visit - Dec 15, 2010
- Anil Ambani mulls public issue, commercial bank for group firms (Roundup) - Sep 28, 2010
- Reliance Communications to list sub-sea cable business in Singapore - Jun 13, 2012
- Government to set up telecom equipment testing centre - Jun 30, 2011
- Reliance Commercial Finance launches loan against gold units - May 09, 2011
- China's Huawei to buy Symantec stake - Nov 15, 2011
Tags: anil dhirubhai ambani group, bank of india, china development bank, chinese bank, domestic expenditure, financial institution, formalities, generation telecom, huawei, loan deal, loan facility, maturity period, reserve bank of india, syndicated loan, telecom companies, telecom equipment, telecom sector, telecom services, third generation, zte