Reliance Broadcast Network partners US Lucha LibreNovember 21st, 2011 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 21 (IANS) Reliance Broadcast Network (RBNL) Monday said it has entered into a long-term partnership with US-based wrestling show producer Lucha Libre for content sharing.
RBNL’s English entertainment channel BIG CBS Prime and regional channel BIG MAGIC will air a freestyle wrestling show — Masked Warriors — targeting Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar and Jharkhand.
“Sports programmes are known to draw huge audiences in India. A deep audience insight mapping indicated an excellent opportunity to bring to India the Masked Warriers, showcasing the new and iconic warriors of Lucha Libre,” the company said in a regulatory filing.
“We are confident that this offering will resonate well with our audiences across both channels, and we are extremely pleased with the partnership,” it added.
This language agnostic programming is a free style wrestling show that boasts of some of the most death defying showmanship and premiers in India.
- Reliance Broadcast to launch a TV channel - Mar 28, 2011
- Reby Sky turns down offer from WWE - Dec 22, 2010
- Now comes Thrill channel, thanks to BIG RTL - Apr 30, 2012
- Reliance Broadcast signs pact with European firm for TV channels - May 30, 2011
- BIG CBS signs distribution deal with Big TV - Sep 18, 2010
- Reliance Broadcast to focus on radio, TV to spur growth - Jun 29, 2011
- Reliance Broadcast to sell all ADAG media services - Aug 30, 2010
- Reliance Broadcast shareholders give nod for fund raising - Sep 27, 2010
- Reliance Broadcast Network quarterly revenue rises 55 percent - Aug 16, 2011
- Reliance Broadcast Network soars on fund raising plans - Sep 02, 2010
- BIG CBS acquires movies from Sony Pictures Television - Nov 15, 2010
- Reliance Broadcast forms joint venture with CBS (Lead) - Aug 18, 2010
- Who is India's sexiest bachelor? Find out in new TV show! - Apr 21, 2011
- BIG CBS to launch Punjabi channel - Jan 10, 2012
- Reliance Broadcast Net And CBS Launches Big CBS Prime In India - Dec 02, 2010
Tags: audience, audiences, bihar, broadcast network, cbs, free style, freestyle wrestling, India, insight, jharkhand, magic, network partners, regional channel, reliance, showmanship, Sports, term partnership, warriers, warriors, wrestling show