Ramco Systems launches enterprise softwareJune 15th, 2011 - 6:00 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 15 (IANS) City-based Ramco Systems Ltd Wednesday launched an enterprise software aimed at small and medium sized businesses.
The Rs.204 crore revenue company also launched a business analytics tool Ramco OnDemand Analytics that can be incorporated in an existing enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution and provide data online.
“Small Indian companies need not want a full fledged ERP system. We have decided to offer few parts of ERP fused with business analytics. These products are entry points for SMEs (small and medium enterprises) into enterprise class software,” the company’s chief operating officer Kamesh Ramamoorthy said.
According to Ramamoorthy, the company will be offering customer relationship management (CRM) system first, followed by human resources and payroll, fixed assets, service management and distribution management systems.
“We have not estimated the market size as the target market segment is huge. There is nobody else in this space offering such products on demand or offering the solution on cloud (remote) computing basis,” another company official told IANS.
According to Ramco, nearly ten percent of the company’s ERP customers have subscribed for the analytical solution.
Citing research agency Gartner’s report, Ramamoorthy said the overall cloud computing market in India will grow at a combined annual growth rate (CAGR) of 63 percent from 2010 to touch $1 billion by 2014.
Last year, the company launched its ERP solution on cloud computing, branded as Ramco OnDemand ERP (RODE).
The solution supports industry verticals like automobile, electronics, engineering and other manufacturing industries), trading, leather, services, power generation, food processing and dairy.
According to Ramco’s managing director and chief executive officer P.R. Venketrama Raja, the company would grow its revenue by around 25 percent this year, while there will be pressure on margins due to additional marketing expenditure on the new solutions.
- World chess champ Anand launches Ramco OnDemand ERP 2.0 in Delhi - Sep 09, 2010
- TCS arm targets $1 bn revenue by 2015 - Aug 19, 2011
- Tulip Telecom offers on-demand cloud storage services - May 03, 2012
- Indian IT firm Ramco enters Bangladesh market - Dec 13, 2010
- TCS unveils cloud-computing solution in Karnataka - Mar 12, 2011
- Aditya Birla Minacs to market Epicor's ERP solutions - Jun 14, 2011
- Public cloud computing to touch Rs.2,434 crore by 2014 - Jun 07, 2011
- Wipro unveils cloud solution for HR processes - Jan 23, 2012
- US venture fund invests $15 million in Indian IT firm - Feb 15, 2012
- Infosys to focus on product innovation, double hiring - Mar 15, 2012
- TCS launches cloud-computing solution for SMBs - Mar 15, 2011
- Sonata Software forms joint venture in Qatar - Dec 21, 2011
- Essar unleashes cloud power with Windows Azure - Apr 30, 2012
- IMImobile announces partnership with Tree Worldwide - May 03, 2012
- Openbravo aims four-fold growth - Feb 16, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,