Racold Thermo eyes Rs.150 crore marketJune 20th, 2012 - 11:49 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 20 (IANS) Pune-based Racold Thermo Ltd. is planning to achieve three-fold growth in its solar heater business to Rs.1.5 billion, a company official said Wednesday here.
“We are eyeing to achieve three-fold growth in our solar heater business to Rs.150 crore in the next 3 to 4 years,” managing director Mathew Job told reporters here.
The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Italy-based Ariston Thermo Group.
The company, which offers complete range of electrical, gas and solar water heaters, is planning to increase the share of solar heaters to its total sales by expanding its manufacturing facility.
The firm has its manufacturing facility in Chakan in Maharashtra with a capacity of five lakh units a year.
Job said currently demand for solar heaters was growing at a faster pace than that of electric heaters in India.
Even while the electric heater market is growing at 10 per cent, the solar heater market is growing at over 15 per cent. With the electricity cost increasing and government offering subsidy to customers for using solar heaters, the market is set to witness a rapid growth, he said.
- Industrial solar water heaters offer good scope for growth - Jul 17, 2010
- Suzlon Group to sell China subsidiary for $60 mn - Jun 23, 2012
- New Zealand keen to partner India in aviation development - Mar 20, 2012
- Sony to phase out feature phones by September - May 23, 2012
- As China dumps in India's solar market, domestic industry shrivels (Business Feature) - May 06, 2012
- Ricoh India aims to triple growth by FY13 - Sep 09, 2011
- More global firms eye Indian construction equipment market - Nov 28, 2011
- US loans for Indian firms making solar facilities in Rajasthan - Jul 19, 2012
- Uflex assigns $250 mn for growth, eyes $2-bn revenue by 2015 - Sep 06, 2012
- US firm unveils Rs.50-crore water heater plant in India - Jun 30, 2010
- Mercedes to increase investments to Rs.850 crore - Sep 05, 2012
- India's solar mission visionary: Australian report - Jun 26, 2011
- US urges India to open up solar energy market - Nov 09, 2011
- India sparks solar energy market: Report - Apr 26, 2012
- Bihar officials laud China's work culture - Jun 21, 2011
Tags: chakan, crore, electric heater, electric heaters, electricity, heater business, India, italy, lakh units, maharashtra, managing director, pace, rapid growth, rs 1, solar heater, solar heaters, solar water heaters, subsidiary, subsidy, thermo group