Postal department opens counter at Fabindia storeJune 14th, 2011 - 6:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 14 (IANS) The department of posts Tuesday partnered with Fabindia, a retail chain of craft-based products, to open postal retail extension counter at the company’s flagship store in south Delhi, an official said.
The postal counter at Fabindia’s store in Greater Kailash-I market here would allow customers to buy, pack and dispatch Fabindia products across the country as well as abroad.
Till now, such a facility was available at Jawahar Vyapar Bhawan, where the much coveted Cottage Emporium is housed. Here customers availed Speed Post services and registered parcel booking within the premises of the shopping complex. The department’s tie-up with Fabindia is the first initiative of India Post at business link with a private player.
“It is a joint endeavour of India Post and Fabindia to enhance customer experience,” said William Bissell, managing director of Fabindia Overseas Private ltd.
The Fabindia postal counter would offer flat rate domestic service at a tariff of Rs.125 for small box, Rs.200 for medium box and Rs.400 for large box. For international service, the tariff will be Rs.1,000, Rs.1,500 and Rs.2,500, respectively.
The counter will operated from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on all working days.
- We empowered Fabindia family in 50th year: William Bissell - Jan 02, 2011
- Fabindia Employees Become The Company’s Shareholders - Jan 03, 2011
- Airport Metro opens postal service counter - Apr 26, 2012
- Govt. committed to make postal services more people friendly: Sibal - Mar 09, 2011
- Wildlife trafficking through post surges in India - Mar 29, 2011
- Postal dept, banks to provide credit cards to rural people - Jan 02, 2011
- National Postal Policy to be announced in 2012: Sibal - Feb 01, 2012
- Minneapolis Woman Charged With Animal Cruelty For Trying To Mail Puppy - Feb 02, 2011
- Trying to build beauty brand? Find a USP - Feb 08, 2012
- India Post to give discount on gold coins this Rakhi - Aug 01, 2012
- Airtel slashes 3G data tariff by 70 percent - May 17, 2012
- US Postal Service comes out with new postal rates for 2011 - Apr 19, 2011
- Pakistani fashion just a click away - Aug 17, 2012
- Customers to pay Rs.1 more on every mobile recharge above Rs.20 - Apr 19, 2012
- Canon to open 300 outlets across India's small towns - Nov 22, 2011
Tags: bissell, business link, customer experience, emporium, endeavour, fabindia, flagship store, india post, june 14, managing director, New Delhi, private ltd, private player, retail chain, rs 125, rs 2, shopping complex, south delhi, speed post, tariff