Portal launched to promote India-Japan business cooperationJuly 17th, 2008 - 3:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 17 (IANS) The Confederation of India Industries (CII) and Japan External Trade Organisation (Jetro) have launched a web portal to bolster trade and investment partnerships between India and Japan, with special emphasis on the proposed Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC). Called Indo-New Window, the portal will act as a business-matching site to encourage Indian and Japanese companies to identify potential business partners for import and export, technology transfer, investments, and business tie-ups specifically in the proposed DMIC.
DMIC - a $90-billion investment opportunity - will be based on a public private partnership model. It will include a dedicated 1,515-kilometre freight corridor (DFC) and a 150-kilometre wide industrial corridor on either side of the DFC.
The total cost for the DFC is estimated at Rs.166 billion. Japan has already offered Rs.500 million for the project preparation.
The portal was inaugurated at a programme on ‘Reinforcing Indo-Japan Business Partnership’ organised by CII and Jetro Wednesday.
Jetro chairman and chief executive Yasuo Hayashi said Japan recognised the “immense potential for trade and investment cooperation” with India, adding: “In 2007, Japan invested close to $1.5 billion in India, almost triple the investment in 2006, which was $512 million.”
- Partner Japan to have 26 percent stake in DMIC - Apr 30, 2012
- Japanese firms to increase investment in Tamil Nadu - Jan 25, 2012
- India, Japan appreciate their economic cooperation influencing partnership - Oct 25, 2010
- Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor to be model of bilateral ties: ex Japan PM - Jan 17, 2011
- India-Japan $9 billion infrastructure fund mooted - Feb 15, 2011
- Electric vehicles to force auto ancillaries to rejig business - Sep 28, 2010
- US firms keen to invest in India's infrastructure projects - Mar 27, 2012
- Japanese delegation to sign MoU with Tamil Nadu this year - Sep 28, 2010
- Japan keen on industrial corridor, freight train in south India - Feb 14, 2012
- Japan to help India launch 24 green cities - Nov 25, 2010
- Anand Sharma discusses DMIC project with Japanese PM - Feb 15, 2011
- Former Japan PM Hatoyama meets Manmohan Singh - Jan 17, 2011
- Japan keen to partner in infra and other sectors in Kerala - Sep 13, 2012
- Singapore invites Indian investment in education and health - Jul 11, 2012
- Phase I of Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor by 2018: Sharma - Apr 30, 2010
Tags: business cooperation, business partnership, cii, dfc, dmic, export technology, hayashi, import and export, india industries, industrial corridor, investment cooperation, investment opportunity, investment partnerships, japan business, japanese companies, jetro, partnership model, public private partnership, tie ups, yasuo