Philips launches bodygroom product for menJuly 20th, 2012 - 8:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 20 (IANS) Philips India Friday launched Philips Bodygroom - BG2024, a body hair trimming and shaving gadget for men priced at Rs.2,495.
“Our research has shown that Indian men are getting more experimental with their facial styling and body hair grooming than ever before,” said Aarushi Agarwal, director marketing, personal care, consumer lifestyle, Philips India.
“The Indian woman now wants more style from her man, while the men are truly coming of age when it comes to expressing themselves. At Philips we have the right tools for men to trim or remove their body hair and we intend to make male grooming much easier with our extensive range of male grooming products,” she added.
Agarwal also said that the Rs.1,500-crore grooming market is slated to double in the next three years and this year the focus of Philips in personal care segment would be body grooming products.
According to the firm’s survey, along with research agency Hansa, among 500 respondents between the ages of 18 and 25, about 65 percent men feel comfortable with the idea of removing body hair below the chin.
The survey also revealed that 80 percent of women find excess male body hair a huge turn off and prefer smooth and groomed bodies on their partners.
Unveiled by Bollywood actor and Philips male grooming brand ambassador, John Abraham, the product would be available across 500-750 touch points in India.
- Hairy chests are out: Clean-shaven torsos in - Jul 18, 2012
- Men, not women, spend more time getting ready - Feb 10, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone's beefy look pushed John to gym - Jul 20, 2012
- Men not much drawn to grooming products - Sep 17, 2011
- Study reveals that men take longer than women to get ready - Nov 22, 2011
- Aussie men with facial hair 'have more sex' - Jun 29, 2010
- Neha Dhupia prefers clean-shaven men - Apr 19, 2012
- Law obsessed with manicures - May 08, 2012
- Sacha Harding's rugged looks make him 'manliest man in Britain' - Oct 11, 2010
- Bringing your crowning glory back - the Sehwag, Kallis way! - May 11, 2011
- Andre fears waxing - Jan 26, 2011
- Men To Flaunt The Rugged Look In 'No Shave November' - Nov 01, 2010
- Greying hair is the darkest fear for Brit men - Aug 04, 2010
- Madonna is upset with her daughter Lourdes' hair - Aug 03, 2012
- 5 myths about the male body exposed - Feb 19, 2011
Tags: ambassador, body hair, coming of age, consumer lifestyle, director marketing, gadget, hansa, indian men, indian woman, john abraham, male grooming products, New Delhi, personal care, philips bodygroom, philips india, respondents, right tools, rs 1, rs 2, segment