Pearson, Micromax launch e-learning toy for kidsApril 3rd, 2012 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) An digital education and entertainment device, “Funbook on Ice Cream Sandwhich”, combining learning and fun was launched here Tuesday by eucational publisher Pearson, Micromax Informatics and education company Everonn.
The device, launched on the Android 4.0.3 digital platform, will help children watch their favourite movies, read books and play games at the same time, Pearson said in a statement Tuesday.
While Pearson,will provide content for students, BigFix, Zenga and Indiagames will pitch in with games and entertainment features in the Funbook.
Max Gabriel, senior vice-president and chief technology officer of Pearson India, said tablets were great medium for offering an interactive and compelling learning experience.
“But it can only be done through a network of partners,” he said.
Briefing about the Funbook, he said “the device has a 7 inches screen, runs on 1.2 GHz processor and is 1cm in thickness”..
The device can be customized as a mini library by storing contents upto 4GB in its internal memory which is expandable up to 32GB for avid readers.
The Funbook integrates a 0.3 MP camera to capture images and has HD Video playback watching videos, movies and clips.
A port lets allows the user to connet to other multimedia device such as TV or projector.
The device is targeted at at nearly 20 million of the total urban youth population in India and costs Rs.6,499, Pearson said.
- A look at three low-cost tablets (To go with tablet market story) - Aug 12, 2012
- Reliance communication launches new 3G tablet for Rs.14,499 - Jul 19, 2012
- Nokia launches 808 PureView for Rs.33,899 in India - Jun 13, 2012
- Now a mobile that drives away mosquitoes - Dec 24, 2009
- iberry to launch low cost 3G tablet in July - Jun 27, 2012
- Motorola launches slimmer Razr for Rs.33,990 - Nov 21, 2011
- Future mobile phones can project movies - Feb 29, 2012
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 800 in India - Aug 24, 2012
- Motorola XOOM tablet launched in India - Jun 28, 2011
- PlayStation 3 to release new expanded hard drives with 160GB and 320GB capacity in North America - Aug 18, 2010
- HCL Infosystems launches Rs.10,490 tablet in India - Oct 14, 2011
- Samsung launches new tablet in Indian market - Jan 11, 2012
- Sony Music, YRF strike digital music rights deal - Aug 08, 2011
- Blackberry Playbook Unveiled With Better Spec Than iPad - Sep 28, 2010
- Percept Knorigin inks deal with Alcatel Lucent to provide digital content - Jun 01, 2011
Tags: chief technology officer, digital education, digital platform, education company, entertainment features, funbook, informatics, internal memory, launch, learning experience, micromax, mini library, multimedia device, New Delhi, pearson, senior vice president, urban youth, video playback, youth population, zenga