Over 85 lakh go for new mobile numberJune 14th, 2011 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 14 (IANS) Over 85.41 lakh (8.5 million) customers have opted for mobile number portability (MNP) — a service which allows users to switch operators while retaining their phone numbers — till the end of April, official data showed.
“Mobile number portability requests have increased from 64.23 lakh subscribers at the end of March 2011 to 85.41 lakh subscribers at the end of April 2011,” said the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Monday evening.
The service was implemented across the country Jan 20, while the pilot launch of the service took place in Haryana Nov 25, 2010.
To opt for MNP, a customer has to pay a maximum of Rs.19 to the new operator for ‘porting’ the number and remain with the new operator for at least three months.
The customer has to send an SMS from the existing phone to 1900. Based on this, a unique porting code will be sent by existing provider. An application then has to be filed with the new service provider mentioning the code for transferring the connection.
- Over 64 lakh users opt for mobile number portability - Apr 29, 2011
- 25.84 mn subscribers opt for mobile number portability - Jan 09, 2012
- 29.24 mn subscribers opt for mobile number portability - Jan 30, 2012
- Over 155 lakh customers opt for mobile number portability - Sep 09, 2011
- Over 180.59 lakh opt for mobile number portability - Oct 20, 2011
- 45.89 mn subscribers opted for MNP till April: TRAI - Jun 27, 2012
- Over 50 mn opted for mobile number portability till May - Jul 05, 2012
- 59.31 mn subscribers opted for MNP till July: TRAI - Sep 09, 2012
- 32.79 mn subscribers opt for mobile number portability - Mar 06, 2012
- Over 41 mn mobile users want to change operators - May 03, 2012
- Over 38 lakh users opt for mobile number portability - Mar 09, 2011
- TRAI to fine operators for contravening MNP rules - Sep 19, 2012
- TRAI rules out compensation for number portability - Dec 03, 2010
- Idea Cellular biggest gainer of mobile number portability - May 06, 2012
- Telecom market dominated by older players, users wont get affected: TRAI - Feb 02, 2012
Tags: 5 million, country jan, haryana, june 14, launch, least three months, mobile number portability, New Delhi, phone numbers, pilot, service provider, sms, subscribers, telecom regulatory authority, telecom regulatory authority of india, which allows users