Odisha takes ‘rath’ route to popularise science congressNovember 7th, 2011 - 10:26 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Nov 7 (IANS) Odisha will roll out a science ‘rath’ Nov 14 in the state to popularize the Indian Science Congress that is scheduled to be held in state capital Bhubaneswar early next year, an organiser said Monday.
Governor M.C. Bhandare will flag off the ‘Bigyan Rath’ at Khandapada in Nayagarh district, Achyuta Samanta, founder of KIIT University and chief patron of the Jan 3-7, 2012 science Congress, told reporters.
Khandapada is the birth place of well-known astronomer Pathani Samanta.
The rath will spread the message about science and the science congress and take 20 days to cover state’s all 30 districts.
It will travel through more than 600 educational institutes of the state and reach Cuttack on Dec 3, 2011 at the Ravenshaw University he said.
Jointly organised by KIIT and the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), the 99th edition of Indian Science Congress (ISC) is scheduled to be inaugurated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The campus of Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) in capital city Bhubaneswar will be the venue and more than 15,000 delegates, including 500 foreign scientists and 20 Nobel laureates, are slated to attend the five-day mega event.
- India's largest science event kicks off Tuesday - Jan 02, 2012
- Security stepped up in Bhubaneswar ahead of PM's visit - Jan 02, 2012
- Odisha entrepreneur conferred honorary doctorate in Taiwan - Jun 11, 2012
- DRDO to display models of missiles - Jan 01, 2012
- 99th Indian Science Congress to focus on women, missiles (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- PM arrives in Bhubaneswar (Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- Plea against Indian Science Congress thrown out - Dec 24, 2011
- PM in Orissa for brief visit - Dec 27, 2009
- Kolkata to host 100th Indian Science Congress in 2013 - Jan 07, 2012
- PM says China overtaking Indian science, R&D; spending to double (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- Manmohan Singh arrives in Bhubaneswar - Dec 27, 2009
- Manmohan Singh to inaugurate IEA conference in Bhubaneswar - Dec 26, 2009
- Prime Minister to visit Orissa Sunday - Dec 26, 2009
- Children shoot tough questions at Nobel laureates - Jan 06, 2012
- Make your home free from corruption, Kalam tells children - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,