Nuclear Power Corp achieves generation target for 2011-12March 27th, 2012 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, March 27 (IANS) India’s atomic power plant operator Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL) Tuesday reached its target of generating 32,000 million units with an average plant load factor (PLF) of around 80 percent across all its plants, said a senior official.
Speaking to reporters here, NPCIL’s Director (Technical) S.A. Bhardwaj said: “Today (Tuesday) the company achieved this year’s target of generating 32,000 million units.”
NPCIL’s generation last fiscal was 26,473 million units with a PLF of 79 percent.
The operating capacity of NPCIL’s 19 reactors is 4,680 MW.
According to Bhardwaj, the PLF is higher in plants using imported fuel and lower in those that use domestic fuel.
“The two units in Narora Atomic Power Station (Uttar Pradesh) and Madras Atomic Power Station (Tamil Nadu), four units in Kaiga Generating Station (Karnataka) and one unit in Tarapur Atomic Power Station (Maharashtra) are operating at a PLF of 68-70 percent owing to fuel shortage. Next year the fuel situation would ease when the uranium mine in Tumalapalli in Andhra Pradesh starts production,” Bhardwaj said.
According to him many of the NPCIL’s atomic power units located in Rajasthan, Gujarat and two units in Tarapur are have just over 100 percent PLF.
A senior NPCIL official preferring anonymity told IANS that the company is expected to close this fiscal with a revenue of around Rs.8,000 crore as against around Rs.6,000 crore earned last fiscal.
- Indian nuclear reactors generate record power - Apr 04, 2012
- India's nuclear power generation exceeds target - Oct 11, 2010
- Kudankulam reactor may get one year operational licence - Sep 08, 2012
- Kaiga-4 nuke plant synchronised with southern power grid - Jan 19, 2011
- 'India can't produce 20,000 MW n-energy by 2020 - Apr 04, 2012
- India to launch 16 new nuclear reactors - Jun 01, 2012
- As fuel supplies resume, India's nuclear power output up - Jan 11, 2010
- Record n-energy production in 2011-12 - Apr 04, 2012
- Kudankulam reactor to be fuelled around Sep 11, protestors to intensify stir - Sep 07, 2012
- Major pre-fuel loading exercise over at Kudankulam - Sep 12, 2012
- India ranks sixth in nuclear power generation - Nov 27, 2010
- NPCIL inspection at Kudankulam to end soon - Jul 14, 2012
- AERB clears fuel loading in Kudankulam nuclear reactor - Aug 10, 2012
- NPCIL to localise 45 percent components for Kudankulam - Mar 27, 2012
- Jayalalithaa demands 1,000 MW power from Kudankulam unit - Aug 19, 2012
Tags: anonymity, atomic power plant, bhardwaj, domestic fuel, fuel situation, generating station, gujarat, india ltd, karnataka, maharashtra, npcil, nuclear power corporation, plants, plf, power plant operator, reactors, rs 6, rs 8, target, uranium