Now, FIRs in Delhi go onlineFebruary 1st, 2011 - 10:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 1 (IANS) The Delhi Police Tuesday uploaded all the new First Information Reports (FIRs) registered through the day on their official website. A motorcycle theft reported from central Delhi was the first FIR to be uploaded. Those who wish to download an FIR from the website, www.delhipolice.nic.in, need to know either the FIR number or the name of the complainant, victim or accused.
“All the non-sensitive FIRs have been uploaded on the website,” Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Sandeep Goel told reporters.
The move comes following a direction by the Delhi High Court Dec 6, 2010 that an accused is entitled to get a copy of the FIR within 24 hours of its registration and police cannot deny the request.
An accused can apply for a copy of an FIR by paying Rs.25 for four pages and Rs.10 for each extra page. “The accused can approach the police station in person or depute another person or his lawyer to collect the FIR registered against him,” Delhi Police spokesman Rajan Bhagat said.
“FIRs on sensitive issues like terrorism, national security, rape, molestation and kidnapping will not be uploaded,” he said.
- All FIRs on Delhi Police website from Feb 1 - Jan 28, 2011
- Delhi Police launch e-map to locate police stations - Jan 03, 2012
- Theft in Games Village: FIR registered - Oct 08, 2010
- Delhi Police official to probe cop's front-rolls - Feb 08, 2012
- Anna supporters booked for defacement - Jul 31, 2012
- Sarpanch in Kashmir held for molesting girl - Sep 10, 2011
- Get servants verified: Delhi Police - May 12, 2011
- One cop held with drugs, four suspended in Ghaziabad - Feb 02, 2011
- Welsh woman athlete harassed in Games Village (Lead) - Oct 07, 2010
- CVC launches website to fight corruption - Dec 09, 2010
- Zohal seeks to quash charges against Pomersbach (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Eight lakh teachers register for test June 26 - Jun 11, 2011
- Delhi's burglars make hay while summer vacation shines - Jun 14, 2011
- CVCs anti-graft portal proves a big hit - Jan 19, 2011
- Crime cases increased in 2010: Delhi Police (Roundup) - Jan 06, 2011
Tags: central delhi, commissioner of police, complainant, delhi high court, delhi police, fir, information reports, lawyer, motorcycle theft, national security, New Delhi, nic, police crime, police spokesman, police station, rajan, rape molestation, sensitive issues, terrorism, website www