Now, a video game on ‘Don 2′December 8th, 2011 - 2:41 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 8 (IANS) After “RA.One”, Shah Rukh Khan-starrer “Don 2: The King is Back” is set to be turned into a video game and director Farhan Akhtar says this would allow fans a personal dose of action and adventure.
“I felt that this could be an interesting yet fun way to let people have their personal dose of action and adventure,” Farhan said in a statement.
Farhan and Ritesh Sidhwani’s Excel Entertainment has collaborated with Gameshastra, one of the largest game service companies in the country, to launch a console game.
The firm is developing a third-person action adventure console game where a players gets to play Shah Rukh and does actions similar to those done by Don in the movie.
There will also be a social game called “Don - The Social Mobsters Game”, which will be launched on the Facebook and is being developed by Mango Games.
The game will be available on Android, iOS, and PSN for PS3 platforms. While the game on Android and iOS will be released along with the movie, the console version of the game will be released in March next year.
“This is the first time a game is based on an Indian film that will be launched on four platforms. When I saw the creative of the game, I was very excited because the visuals were as real as the characters in the film. For an iconic character like Don, I think this was the best way to keep the hysteria going amongst his fans,” said Ritesh Sidhwani, producer of “Don 2″.
Mohan Raju, director and founder of Gameshastra, said: “We are proud to be associated with Excel and their ‘Don’ franchise and the success of this title will mark the beginning of many more joint endeavours with major studios in India.”
- I want to take 'Don' forward: Farhan Akhtar - Dec 20, 2011
- SRK to attend 'Don 2' screening at Berlinale - Jan 18, 2012
- Shah Rukh returns in villainous avatar in 'Don 2' (IANS Preview) - Dec 20, 2011
- A hit Bollywood producer reveals his golden rule - Apr 07, 2011
- Indian cricket team to watch 'Don 2' in Melbourne - Dec 24, 2011
- Working with new directors learning experience: Ritesh Sidhwani - Jun 05, 2012
- Haven't done anything wrong in 'Don 2': Ritesh Sidhwani - Nov 16, 2011
- 'Don 2' team's Patna visit cancelled, SRK upset - Dec 13, 2011
- Richa Chadda to play don in 'Fukrey' - Sep 10, 2012
- Bollywood biggies walk the TV talk - Jun 02, 2012
- SRK, Priyanka captivate fans at Delhi mall - Dec 20, 2011
- Abhishek's 'Game' to release on Fools' Day - Jan 28, 2011
- Friends eased pain when parents divorced: Farhan Akhtar (Interview) - Jul 22, 2011
- My life is not an open book: Shah Rukh - Dec 12, 2011
- It's one of the greatest highs to play a villain: SRK - Dec 19, 2011
Tags: endeavours, facebook, farhan akhtar, game service, gameshastra, hysteria, indian film, ios, mango, mobsters, mohan, person action adventure, psn, raju, ritesh, shah rukh khan, social game, third person, video game, visuals