Nokia launches two new phones in Asha seriesAugust 9th, 2012 - 7:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 9 (IANS) Nokia India Thursday announced the launch of two new touch phones in its Asha series — Asha 305 and Asha 311 in the Indian market.
“With the launch of Nokia Asha touch range, we are strengthening our range of ‘mobile internet’ devices that offer these experiences to the customers,” Viral Oza, director marketing, Nokia India, said.
Priced at Rs.5,029, Asha 305 is a dual-SIM phone. It has a 3-inch resistive touch screen, an internal memory of 10 MB and a 2 megapixel camera.
Asha 311, priced at Rs.7,139, is powered by a 1 GHz processor. It has a 3-inch scratch resistant capacitive touch screen, internal memory of 256 MB and a 3.2 megapixel camera.
The phones also offer users 40 EA games to download for free. These games range across action, arcade and sports, and include titles such as Tetris, Bejeweled, Need for Speed: The Run and Fifa 2012.
According to the company, the Asha touch devices are supported by Nokia Browser 2.0 that offers consumers faster and cheaper internet access as it compresses data consumption by 85 percent using cloud acceleration technology.
While Asha 305 is already available in the market, Asha 311 will be available across the country from Aug 12.
- 'Nokia regaining lost ground in handset market' - Jun 07, 2012
- Nokia announces launch of Lumia family phones - Nov 14, 2011
- Philips launches Xenium range of mobiles - Sep 07, 2011
- Nokia launches E6, X7 with Symbian Anna user interface - Jun 29, 2011
- A look at three low-cost tablets (To go with tablet market story) - Aug 12, 2012
- Nokia E7 touch-and-type phone launched in India - Mar 14, 2011
- Huawei eyes 15 percent market share in handset sales by 2015 - Jun 08, 2011
- Nokia launches X5 smartphone - Nov 22, 2010
- Nokia launches two low-priced handsets - Sep 15, 2011
- Reliance communication launches new 3G tablet for Rs.14,499 - Jul 19, 2012
- Nokia launches 808 PureView for Rs.33,899 in India - Jun 13, 2012
- Motorola launches two dual SIM handsets - Sep 30, 2010
- MTS launches two Android phones for below Rs.5,000 - Aug 31, 2011
- Nokia launches Lumia 610 for Rs.12,999 in India - Jul 06, 2012
- Nokia E5 launched in India - Oct 06, 2010
Tags: 311, acceleration technology, action arcade, asha, consumption, director marketing, dual sim, ea games, fifa, ghz processor, internal memory, internet access, launch, marketing nokia, megapixel camera, mobile internet devices, need for speed, New Delhi, resistive touch screen, scratch