Nokia announces launch of Lumia family phonesNovember 14th, 2011 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 14 (IANS) Finnish mobile handset manufacturer Nokia Monday announced the launch of Nokia Lumia family of smartphones based on Windows Phone in India.
The Nokia Lumia 800 and Nokia Lumia 710 will be available in select retail stores across key cities and towns in mid-December. Both devices will be available for pre-order starting early December.
Lumia 800 is equipped with floating glass display, 16 GB internal user memory, an 8 megapixel camera with dual LED flash, and 512 MB programme memory.
Lumia 710 has a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash and 512 MB RAM.
The global price of both the models are $580 (approx Rs.29,000) and $380 (approx Rs.19,000), respectively.
“Consumer research shows that Nokia Lumia offers the only truly differentiated experience in smartphones and we are enhancing that with signature Nokia capabilities,” said D. Shivakumar, managing director, Nokia India.
“The Lumia family, on the back of strong Symbian enhancements in Belle, positions us strongly to consolidate our lead in the Indian smartphone market,” he added.
These phones deliver functions such as Nokia maps and drive, which delivers a full-fledged personal navigation device with free, turn-by-turn navigation voice guided navigation in 50 languages including Hindi and dedicated in-car-user-interface.
Maps for 100 countries and 750 cities in India are available on Windows Phone Marketplace, free to download on Nokia Lumia devices only
Nokia Music and the all new MixRadio a free, global, mobile music-streaming application that delivers hundreds of channels of locally relevant music.
These services will be available in India in the first half of 2012.
Nokia also unveiled a complete, made over look for its retail network. More than 5,000 of its top retail outlets selling the Nokia Lumia range across the country will sport a new identity.
The rebranding elements include a strong visual experience including 3D and 2D in-store branding and a live device environment across all stores.
- 'Nokia regaining lost ground in handset market' - Jun 07, 2012
- Nokia launches Lumia 610 for Rs.12,999 in India - Jul 06, 2012
- Nokia E7 touch-and-type phone launched in India - Mar 14, 2011
- Nokia launches N8 smartphone - Oct 12, 2010
- Nokia launches two new phones in Asha series - Aug 09, 2012
- BlackBerry unveils new Bold and Pearl smartphones - Apr 27, 2010
- Nokia launches E6, X7 with Symbian Anna user interface - Jun 29, 2011
- Nokia launches new campaign ahead of IPL-5 - Apr 02, 2012
- HTC launches glasses-free 3D smartphone - Aug 31, 2011
- Nokia launches 808 PureView for Rs.33,899 in India - Jun 13, 2012
- Reliance communication launches new 3G tablet for Rs.14,499 - Jul 19, 2012
- Nokia E5 launched in India - Oct 06, 2010
- Reliance Communications unveils first CDMA tablet - Mar 12, 2012
- Phone taking 3D pictures in markets soon - Sep 05, 2011
- Motorola launches two Android based smartphones - Aug 03, 2010
Tags: 512 mb ram, cities and towns, global price, launch, led flash, lumia, megapixel camera, mobile music, navigation device, new identity, nokia music, personal navigation, relevant music, retail network, retail outlets, shivakumar, smartphones, user interface, visual experience, windows phone