No hiding from big boss, thanks to mobile appJanuary 26th, 2011 - 10:17 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 26 (IANS) A mobile phone “clocking-on machine” now spies on lazy workers misusing company cars.The Crystal Ball mobile phone application works the same way as an in-car satellite navigation system.
It allows bosses to keep a tab on their employees’ locations, their incoming and outgoing phone calls and messages, plus all of their internet traffic via their company mobile.
Compatible with most smart phones, it spells the end for workers on the road taking long lunches, claiming they’re stuck on a conference call or that they’re held up in traffic, the Daily Mail reports.
Company director Raj Singh, 49, came up with the application after bosses frequently complained to him about workers using company cars for moving house or for airport runs.
Once an employee has logged on for the day, the application allows his manager to follow his movements and phone traffic remotely.
At the end of the working day, the employee can activate the system’s privacy function to prevent their movements being recorded.
The software - compatible with GPS-enabled smart phones such as Blackberry, Nokia and HTC - can also notify the employer who is driving the company car if there’s more than one person in the vehicle, plus feed back real-time statistics including speed, location, distance and journey time.
Singh uses the software on his own team of 30 staff at his firm in Manchester.
He said: “Office-based staff have always been monitored but now out of office staff can be too. If an employee is using a business phone or vehicle, it’s only fair that the company boss knows how and when it is being used.”
- Now, Swype software that predicts words as you glide across your keypad - Jun 21, 2010
- Now, mobile phone that limits functionality while owner is driving - Mar 28, 2011
- HTC Evo Shift Unveiled By Sprint Nextel, Possibly Coming At CES 2011 - Jan 05, 2011
- Microsoft launches Windows Phone 7 range - Oct 12, 2010
- Your iPhones may reveal your secret flings! - Apr 22, 2011
- Facebook is partnering with HTC for a Smartphone - Nov 22, 2011
- Indian handsets market reports 5 percent drop in revenues - Jul 09, 2012
- Beware! Your boss may be spying on you at work - May 01, 2011
- HTC launches Sensation smartphone in India - Jun 16, 2011
- Kerala IT firm launches software for medical professionals - Jun 04, 2012
- Novel ideas to beat traffic woes - Jul 23, 2009
- Apple gizmos facing from S. Korean challengers - Apr 20, 2011
- Kochi-based firm launches intelligent water control system - May 03, 2011
- Facebook 'working on phone with HTC' - Jul 27, 2012
- Volvo issue a recall for more than 7000 S60 vehicles - Jun 08, 2011
Tags: big boss, business phone, car satellite navigation, car satellite navigation system, company car, company cars, company director, crystal ball, daily mail, htc, internet traffic, journey time, london jan, mail reports, office staff, phone application, phone traffic, satellite navigation system, smart phones, time statistics