NIIT Tech to set up e-auction platform for tobacco boardAugust 1st, 2012 - 8:09 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Aug 1 (IANS) Leading IT solutions provider NIIT Technologies bagged a Rs.35-crore deal to set up a electronic auction (e-auction) platform for the state-run India Tobacco Board in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
“The e-auction platform based on pay-per-use model will help us manage the automation expense and make transactions transparent, faster and convenient for all,” Tobacco Board Chairman G.K. Varhana Rao said in a statement here.
Being set up as part of the e-governance initiatives in commodity marketing, the platform will enable bidders to use hand-held devices for conducting auction on real-time basis.
“The process will ensure inventory reduction and transparency through real-time collaboration between buyers and suppliers,” Rao said.
About 1,000 bales will be auctioned at each location each day. The platform will ensure fair pricing for farmers as the market intermediaries will be excluded in the process.
“Our experience in mobility has allowed us to enable real-time transactions by integrating hand-held devices to the auction platform and back-end system,” NIIT President Arvind Mehrotra said in the statement.
The company will provide infrastructure support for all enterprise applications.
The project support team, including field support, data centre support and help desk will be made available for six years.
- Upasi to hold e-auctions for tea producers - Sep 14, 2010
- DD to have 150 channels on DTH platform by year-end - Sep 12, 2011
- Technical glitch hits Darjeeling tea e-auction plan - Jun 18, 2012
- 'Use of IT for subsidy transfers to drive industry growth' - Mar 17, 2012
- WBHIDCO to e-auction Rajarhat plots - May 16, 2012
- J. Thomas expects to auction over 200 mn kg tea this year - Dec 16, 2011
- Karnataka steel industry seeks more iron ore - Sep 29, 2011
- Apollo Hospitals launch robot for stroke treatment - Oct 29, 2011
- Iraqi delegation in Bangalore to study e-governance projects - Apr 21, 2011
- Prasar Bharati approves expansion of DD's DTH platform - Sep 06, 2011
- Doordarshan DTH platform expansion to benefit viewers - Jun 09, 2011
- Times Internet selected as auctioneer for spectrum - Aug 07, 2012
- Wipro unveils new application for remote healthcare - Nov 21, 2009
- Darjeeling tea e-auction expected soon - Feb 08, 2012
- DoT to start spectrum auction Nov 12 - Aug 27, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh, arvind, auction platform, bales, board chairman, commodity marketing, crore, e governance, electronic auction, infrastructure support, inventory reduction, karnataka, market intermediaries, mehrotra, pay per use, solutions provider, time basis, time collaboration, time transactions, tobacco board