New software to demystify planning processApril 6th, 2010 - 11:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 6 (IANS) A new software has been developed to “demystify and strengthen” the planning process at the panchayat level.
The Panchayati Raj ministry Tuesday said the software has been developed in collaboration with the National Informatics Centre (NIC).
In a statement here, the ministry said the software known as ‘Plan Plus’ is generic and open to customisation by states, line department and local governance agencies.
“It is a decentralised planning tool, which aids the various participants through the planning process, so that informed decisions can be taken by the participants in preparing, vetting and approving the plan,” it said.
The software will be employed to make the planning processes interactive from “need assessment, identification of project, work, preparation of draft annual plans, approval by technical appraisal committee and final approval by district planning committee”.
According to the ministry, the software will also provide “a holistic view of how funds from different central and state-sponsored schemes could be converged to carry out works approved in a plan.”
“The software is a web-based software and captures the entire planning work flow…it is highly generic and can be extended to capture the plans prepared by line departments at the state and central level to generate the national plan,” the statement said.
“The software brings about total transparency in the plan approval process and provides role-based authentication and authorisation,” the statement said.
- IT making panchayats transparent: Minister - Mar 28, 2012
- Government sponsored scheme to aid e-governance in Panchayat bodies - Feb 26, 2010
- Tripura introduces online RTI plea filing - Dec 31, 2010
- Website not hacked: Health ministry (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Admission software hacked, medical student tells court (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Apex court's nod to e-counselling for PG medical courses - Mar 23, 2012
- C.P. Joshi launches AWAASSOFT- a web enabled software for Indira Awaas Yojana - Jul 16, 2010
- Cabinet nod for e-visa, immigration project (Lead) - May 13, 2010
- Cabinet's nod to e-visa, immigration project - May 13, 2010
- UN to help empower elected women in Karnataka - Sep 14, 2011
- Click to keep tabs on fair price shops - Jul 19, 2011
- Norwegian delegation to study decentralised governance - Jan 11, 2012
- Panel to study rising leopard-human conflict cases - Dec 28, 2010
- India, Switzerland to cooperate in local governance - Dec 12, 2011
- Manmohan Singh emphasises on need to strengthen panchayats - Apr 24, 2011
Tags: aids, appraisal committee, authentication, collaboration, final approval, holistic view, line departments, local governance, national informatics centre, national informatics centre nic, New Delhi, new software, panchayati raj, participants, plan approval, planning committee, technical appraisal, transparency, web based software, work flow