New iPad tops tablet ratingsApril 3rd, 2012 - 12:48 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, April 3 (IANS) Apple’s new iPad has scored the highest ratings among tablet devices in the market, says a survey by US magazine Consumer Reports.
“Performance on the new iPad was superb in virtually every other way as well,” Xinhua quoted the magazine published by the US Consumer Union as saying.
The report said the new iPad has longer battery life than all other tablets despite energy-intensive display and graphics.
Responding to concerns on the new iPad’s heat issues, the magazine said tests confirmed that the new iPad was warmer than the iPad 2, but that it did not find those temperatures to be cause for concern.
“The high-resolution screen of the new iPad establishes a new benchmark in excellence, providing the best rendering of detail and colour accuracy we’ve ever seen on a tablet display,” the magazine said.
Besides the new iPad, Consumer Reports also recommended several other tablet models, like Toshiba Excite 10LE, the “lightest tablet” the magazine has tested or Pantech’s eight-inch Element, a waterproof tablet, Sony Tablet P which allows users to read ebooks in a traditional two-page book format, and Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 7.7, the first tablet with an “organic” light-emitting diode (LED) screen.
- World's leading electronics fair opens in Berlin - Sep 04, 2011
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to go on sale from 1st of March - Feb 29, 2012
- 2011 to be the year of the tablet - Nov 22, 2010
- At 7 Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab Stands Tall To Compete With Apple iPad - Sep 07, 2010
- Tomorrow's Tablets Shown At CES 2011 - Jan 08, 2011
- Samsung unveils first tablet computer Galaxy Tab - Sep 04, 2010
- Judge rules that Apple's iPad is cooler than Samsung's Galaxy tablet - Jul 11, 2012
- Samsung's launches iPad rival Tab - Sep 17, 2010
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Challenges The iPad - Sep 07, 2010
- Samsung unveils Galaxy to challenge Apple's iPad - Sep 03, 2010
- Apple wins battle to block Samsung tablets in Australia - Oct 13, 2011
- Apple awarded $1 bn in patent fight with Samsung - Aug 25, 2012
- Samsung's tablet looks to take on iPad - Nov 02, 2010
- Samsung did not copy 'cool' Apple iPad: Court - Jul 10, 2012
- HP Slate 500: Can It Challenge The iPad? - Oct 22, 2010
Tags: apple, battery life, benchmark, colour accuracy, consumer reports, element, galaxy, high resolution, ipad, models, organic light, resolution screen, samsung, sony, temperatures, tops, toshiba, which allows users, xinhua