New forensic lab for CBI opens in MumbaiJune 4th, 2012 - 8:30 pm ICT by IANS
Navi Mumbai, June 4 (IANS) A state-of-the-art forensic laboratory, exclusively for the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), was inaugurated in Belapur here Monday, an official said.
Inaugurated by CBI Special Director V.K. Gupta, the 3,000 sq ft regional unit of the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) will help the central probe agency in faster investigations, backed by thorough scientific analysis and testing.
“With the start of this laboratory, branches situated in Mumbai (Anti-Corruption Branch, Economic Offences Wing, Bank Securities & Fraud Cell, Special Task Force and Special Crime Branch), Pune, Nagpur, Goa and Gandhinagar will get their documents and polygraph tests conducted here,” the official said.
The CFSL houses equipment to conduct tests like the lie detection test, handwriting analysis, and forensic analysis of documents in forgery cases.
- Shanti Bhushan-Amar Singh CD not doctored: Police - Aug 30, 2011
- Aarushi case: Forensic scientist's cross-examination on - Aug 24, 2012
- Court dismisses CBI plea for Jagan's narco test (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Shootout chain reconstructed in Gujarat court - Jul 09, 2011
- Aarushi case: Witness fails to answer defence queries - Aug 27, 2012
- Activist's killing: Eight cops to undergo polygraph test - May 02, 2012
- CBI starts groundwork for West Bengal train crash probe - Jun 07, 2010
- Mumbai blasts coordinated terror attack: Chidambaram (Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- Aarushi murder: Expert to face defence queries Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Ashes sent for DNA tests, Maderna's custody extended (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Ashes sent to Delhi for DNA test (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- CBI to question Abhishek Verma, wife till Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Aarushi's sexual assault could not be established: Witness - Aug 14, 2012
- CBI tags Arushi murder as unsolved, seeks to close case - Dec 29, 2010
- Forensic team returns after searching for missing nurse's remains - Nov 27, 2011
Tags: belapur, cbi, central bureau of investigation, cfsl, crime branch, detection test, economic offences, forensic analysis, forensic lab, forensic laboratory, forensic science laboratory, forgery cases, gandhinagar, handwriting analysis, k gupta, lie detection, nagpur, navi mumbai, polygraph tests, regional unit