New family of fierce spiders discoveredAugust 20th, 2012 - 9:29 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
California, Aug 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A new family of spiders have been discovered as the researchers claimed. This was a report that was established when the amateurs discovered about a certain family of spiders in redwood forests situated in Oregon California.
According the researchers and the scientist the spider is named trogloaptor or it can sometimes be referred to as “cave robber”; this is because of its front claws which makes it be unique from the other families of spiders. It was published by the journal Zookeys that finding such a spider species is a rare phenomenon.
Trogloraptor is said to be 1.6 inches in wideness and in most cases it hangs below the caves ceilings where their cobwebs are. By the sight of their claws the scientist concluded that the spider is dangerous and fierce. They have not highlighted what it eats, how it hunts its preys and its specific predators.
It is however likened with goblin spiders because they have related characteristics although some are different. The forest where the spider was found is known to host unique plants and animals and therefore, this was not surprising to the people of that land. It was however considered as a treasure because a new creature was discovered thus an advantage to the scientists.
- New spider with fearsome claws found in US cave - Aug 18, 2012
- Killer spiders prey on insects that use vibration to woo mates - Mar 30, 2011
- A new, giant wasp discovered in Indonesia - Mar 25, 2012
- Insects wooing mates risk becoming spider meals - Mar 30, 2011
- World's first eyeless spider discovered in Laos cave - Aug 10, 2012
- Assassin bugs lure spiders by mimicking prey caught in webs - Oct 28, 2010
- Single-cell marine predator's unique survival mechanisms uncovered - Feb 09, 2011
- Spiders' cobweb chemical repels invading ants - Nov 27, 2011
- Vertical Horizons Treehouse Paradise Gives Specoal Winter Offers - Oct 25, 2010
- New Spider-Man is half-Latino - Aug 03, 2011
- 77 mn years old dino claw prints found in Utah - Jul 24, 2010
- Biofuels will worsen CO2 emissions: Study - Oct 24, 2011
- Humans as predators led to the extinction of woolly mammoths - Jul 03, 2010
- Like humans, spiders too watch their diets - May 28, 2010
- First spider that dines mainly on vegetarian fare discovered - Oct 13, 2009
Tags: amateurs, california aug, caves, ceilings, cobwebs, new creature, oregon california, plants and animals, predators, preys, rare phenomenon, redwood forests, robber, scientist, scientists, spider species, spiders