Nethotzone launches free Internet kiosk for farmersMay 5th, 2008 - 11:49 pm ICT by admin
Ahmedabad, May 5 (IANS) City-based Nethotzone Monday announced that it would launch a free internet kiosk at an agricultural fair being held in Vadodara to provide valuable information to farmers free of cost. Nethotzone will open the kiosk at the Agriculture Produce Marketing Committee (APMC) during the month-long agricultural fair beginning Wednesday.
“Providing connectivity with content to the farmers will surely bring about a sea change in agrarian economy of Gujarat,” said Ravin Vyas, CEO and promoter of Nethotzone.
The farmers would be able to utilise internet service for selling their produce with the help of skilled operators who will man the kiosk, he told reporters.
The Ahmedabad-based Nethotzone had joined hands with US-based Ahem! Management Solutions last November to set up kiosks providing free internet facility in 155 cities and towns of the country with an initial investment of Rs.1.65 billion. The kiosks are being planned over the next five years at various public places.
Each kiosk will have 19-inch LCD monitors and high-speed Internet access. Its revenue model is based on online and offline advertisements, Vyas said.
- Orissa Agriculture Minister proposes technological reforms to help farmers - Nov 12, 2010
- Nasik onion traders on strike, prices drop in Maharashtra - Jan 10, 2011
- Pawar calls for agriculture reforms - Oct 21, 2011
- Rising ranks of women farmers need better deal: M S Swaminathan (Interview) - May 20, 2012
- Economic Survey pegs inflation at 6.5-7 percent - Mar 15, 2012
- World Bank approves funding for India's agricultural project - Mar 28, 2012
- Wikipedia, Google join anti-piracy bill protest (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- BJP demands special parliamentary session on agriculture - Dec 15, 2011
- Review local levies to control inflation: Mukherjee to states - Jan 19, 2011
- Samsung to acquire Sony stake in LCD joint venture - Dec 26, 2011
- Russian Wikipedia protests censorship plans - Jul 10, 2012
- Economist Vijay Kelkar visits crisis-ridden Vidarbha - Apr 06, 2012
- Wholesale vegetable market observes daylong strike in Delhi - Aug 05, 2010
- Bengal rules out contact farming - Jun 04, 2012
- Revolutionise India's hospitality industry, Pitroda to Indian American hoteliers - May 04, 2012
Tags: 19 inch lcd monitors, agrarian economy, ahmedabad, apmc, cities and towns, gujarat, high speed internet, high speed internet access, initial investment, internet facility, internet kiosk, last november, marketing committee, next five years, ravin, revenue model, sea change, skilled operators, vadodara, vyas